And So We Meet!

"Kiki?" I asked as I looked up to my parents. Oto-san slowly nodded at my one word questions. "Who's Kiki?" I asked again wanting to know who this new person was. Oto-san thought for a moment trying to think how to explain family to little five year old me.

"Well, she's your cousin." he responded as his hand went to his cheek in a thinking kind of way. I ran my right foot back and forth kind of worried to meet people outside of my 'family'. As far as I knew Oto-san, daddy, and Grandfather were the only family I had. Now I had two uncles and a cousin. If only I even knew what those were to begin with, it would make this whole thing easier to understand.

"What's a cousin?" I asked confusion shinning in my eyes as I waited for him to tell me more. "I wanna know what a cousin is." I went on. Oto-san waved his hands to quite me so he could help me understand more.

"A cousin is like... Well your father right? He has a brother." He started.

"So daddy has a brother? Like all the photo's of all the people you're related to Oto-san?" I asked tilting my head. My light blond hair fell over my face and Oto-san pushed it back behind my ear.

"Hai, your father has a brother named Canada." he stated with a small nod. My eyes went to the left as I tried to think this over. This was all so new to me.

"So Daddy, Amer... Amer... Amer...."

"America. A-mer-a -ca"

"Amurica?"

"Close enough." Oto-san chuckled as he tried to teach me my R's. They were never my strong point in life.

"So daddy has a baby brother?" I asked him as I started to catch on. He nodded and I started to bounce around my room. "So I get to see a baby!?" I called out with excitement.

"Well no. Your uncle Canada is older. He's not a baby anymore, but he has a little girl. Like you." Oto-san cleared up. I had to blink a few times trying to understand before just smiling to him as if understanding now. Even though I didn't understand a word that came out of his mouth.

"So daddy has a brother and he has a kid and that makes her my cousin? Okay I get it! So that means Grandfather England and the Frog had another child!" I cheered as I ran over to my bed and pulled myself onto the pillow top just to retrieve my little frog plush. "Did Grandfather kiss the frog? Was he a prince?" I asked. The look that came to Oto-san's face reminded me of the time I sucked on a lemon. It was super sour. 

"Well he's not really a frog." he laughed out. I just looked at my toy before tossing it behind me and back onto my pillows. "He is a human like you in me. Well a country." Oto-san rephrased.

"I can count! 1. 2. 3. 4... 5..." Oto-san put his hand up to hush me again and I shut my mouth.

"A country. Not a count, but close enough." he smiled before standing up from my floor. "Listen Izzy-chan. We know Canada and Prussia very well and you have to be very good when you meet them. You can't do what you do here." he stated very clearly. I nodded my head understanding that part. It was like being over at Grandfathers house. Don't touch the glass things he always told me.

"So can I have a brother then?" I asked with innocence. I never seen Oto-san's face turn so red in my life. He looked like daddy when he got mad at one of his games.

"No no. You can't have a brother." he stated well holding onto his burning cheeks. I just looked to the floor with a frown. I wanted to have a brother like daddy and Oto-san but I guess they didn't want to have another boy around.

"So I at least get a new friend then?" I asked him as my light brown eyes went back to his face. He nodded his head and a smile came flying back onto my face. "A NEW FRIEND!" I called out as I ran around in a circle. Oto-san caught me before I could hurt myself and pulled me into  a tight hug.