Kota and Katsuki, Make A Decision.

Start from the beginning

Deku and the others stood. The Lights gathered in the middle of the underground bunker.

"He is so young," Butterfly started off.

"Yes but we cannot leave him to just run away from home," Jester pointed out. "He is too young for that as well."

"Oh like you all didn't do that?"

"You did too technically."

Grimlin held up a hand. "Fruitless argument. Both of you have good points. Still, Jester is correct. This kid is only five years old and that look in his eyes is not one that is of a kid that would change its mind. While the Quirkless Rejects environment and the environment of the dark undersociety might not be the best for him, it is better than letting Kota run off and attempt something so dangerous."

"But what will we do when his quirk manifests?" asked Anima.

"If-" Deku interjected. "If it manifests. And even if it doesn't, we have quirked members as well. We would train him to use it for our cause."

"So are we allowing him to join?" Cateye asked. They all looked at each other, then at their leader, Deku. Deku ran a hand through his hair, feeling pieces of it get stuck in the handcuffs but not caring. He let it down.

Deku parted through the group and crouched down in front of Kota. The greenette held out his hand.

"Welcome to the Quirkless Rejects, Kota."

Kota grinned and took it with as firm of a shake as a boy of his size and age could do.

"Thank you, sir! I won't let you down!" Deku chuckled. Grimlin came up and patted the kid on the head, who pulled his hat lip over his eyes, embarrassed. "That's Chief Deku to you, kid," he joked.

"Y- yes, sir! I won't let you down, Chief Deku!"

The tension seemed to have eased a bit. Deku stood and turned to address the crowd. "Everyone in position! Gavil and Ruske watch Kota!" he commanded. Everyone filed around the center of the room in a large circle leaving a closed-off gap in the middle.

In the middle stood Deku and the Lights. "Any minute now a warp gate should open. Two things could happen. Either Eraserhead comes through alone or both him and Bakugou. While Bakugou will be under wraps by Eraserhead, we need to be ready to detain Bakugou as soon as we see the tuffs of his blonde hair. If he doesn't come then we are free to leave."

From the corner of the room, Kota shouted over. "W- wait, what are you doing with that guy? He was at the camp, right?"

The room went silent. There was an uncomfortable tenseness, no one wanting to explain this to a five-year-old kid who just committed to joining their group. Yes, Deku and the Lights had informed the whole of the Quirkless Rejects what they were planning on doing and it took a lot to get them on their side too. Still, a lot of them did not want to be there for what would happen after securing Bakugou so all but the Lights would be leaving. Oh! That's an idea!

Deku turned to face Kota. "You see, Bakugou doesn't know that we are getting him, maybe, but he is an old friend of mine!"

"Really?" Kota seemed understandably skeptical.

Deku nodded frantically. "Yes, yes! But he will be fighting us because he does not know that we are surprising him so we need to detain him safely before explaining it to him."

"Ok... You guys are surprisingly a cheerful bunch..."

"Of course! We love to have fun in the Quirkless Rejects, too," Deku said. "But me and Bakugou are going to want some alone time to catch up and all so everyone will have to leave. You as well. Sorry, Kota, but me and Bakugou haven't seen each other in a while. You understand, right?"