Chapter 3

A/N: Yes, I rewrote this chapter. It's not as eventful as the other ones, but I promise it will get better, mkay? 

“Well… I’ll take her to bed,” Niall said, seeing as it had been a few hours and Adelaide was still asleep on the couch in Liam’s room. He actually expected the young girl to sleep a full day at least, considering what she’d been through.

Liam nodded at his Irish friend, not taking his eyes off the laptop for a second. Niall slipped his arm under Addie’s knees and one protectively around her shoulders before he hoisted her up, her dark colored hair draping comfortably over his arm and dangling through the air. Her eyelids never fluttered open at the feel of him picking her up, for she was in a deep, comfortable sleep. As Niall walked through the hallway, he passed both Zayn and Louis, who gave him small smiles as he walked over to his own room. Harry happened to be walking by and opened the door for him before going back to his own room to get ready for bed.

Niall placed the sleeping girl on the small armchair, her head quickly rolling forward. He put his hand to her forehead and pushed her head back against the chair, not wanting her to get a neck injury. Slowly, he bent over and untied her black Chuck Taylors from her feet, tossing them across the room. Seeing that she’d changed to a pair of sweats and a t-shirt that Lou had provided for her before she went to sleep, Niall peeled off the covers of the hotel bed and placed Adelaide right there, quickly pulling the duvet over her body. She immediately snuggled into the soft fabric and he watched her sleep for a moment before going back to Liam’s room.

“Did she wake up?” Liam inquired, still not taking his eyes off the computer screen.

“Nah,” Niall said, laying down on the couch Adelaide had been on not too long before. He crossed his arms behind his head and stared up at the ceiling, knowing he had to say something sometime. “Liam?”

“Yeah?”

“I… I think we need to take Addie to the doctor,” Niall said, and Liam tore his eyes from the laptop screen to face his Irish friend.

“And why’s that?” Liam asked, snapping the laptop shut and swinging his legs off the bed to face Niall, who was still staring at the ceiling.

“Sh-She w-weighs….”

“She’s that light, huh?” Louis inquired, leaning on the doorframe. Niall sat up abruptly, wiping the careless tears from the corner of his eyes. “Oh, Nialler…”

“That’s not how I remember her,” Niall said, his voice powerful. “I remember her being a beautiful, curvy teenager that always had a smile on her face. Never did she stop smiling, never!”

“Niall…” Liam said.

“I’m going to bed,” Niall growled, not knowing who exactly he was mad at. He passed Zayn in the hallway again, who shot him a confused look. Niall’s cheeks had reddened, just like they did when he would cry, which was not often. His eyes were watered as he pushed passed his dark skinned friend and walked over to his hotel room, swinging to door shut once he entered. Adelaide didn’t even stir.

He tossed his shirt in the dirty clothes hamper, along with his jeans. He usually slept in just his boxers, but knew that if Adelaide woke up next to him and saw him like that, she’d most likely freak out. So, he pulled on a pair of sweats and a jumper before crawling into bed next to the dark haired girl. She stirred in her sleep, turning around and facing Niall, who tucked her hair behind her ears yet again.

“Goodnight, Adelaide…” he said, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead and falling asleep.

~