Chapter 2

A/N: song on the sidebar is the inspiration for this story :) And there's a picture of Addie there too. :)

“You ready, Addie?” the blonde haired lady asked, as she held the ends of the white towel that was placed upon the girl’s head. Adelaide covered her face with her hands, but gave a silent nod. The blonde haired lady – Lou Teasdale, she had been introduced as – was the boys’ stylist. She had only seen Adelaide’s hair for one second and claimed – no, insisted – that she could bring it back to its natural color. “Alright, on three. One, two, three!”

Lou ripped off the towel, exposing Adelaide’s natural hair. It had been wet before from a wash, but Lou had dried it with a blow drier, and it was left in waves cascading down to the small of her back. Adelaide parted her shaky fingers so that she cook look in the mirror in front of her. Ever so slowly, she pulled her hands away from her face, biting her lip when she saw what was in front of her.

It was the Adelaide she had seen two months ago.

She hesitantly lifted her hand up to her brown hair, and ran her fingers through the soft, brown locks.

“Thank you, Lou,” she whimpered, and the stylist placed a caring hand on her shoulder.

“Don’t worry about it, it’s not every day I get to work on a girl’s hair with all these boys around. It’s always gel this, razor that. I’d actually like to say thank you myself, if you don’t mind,” Lou said, smiling at Adelaide through the mirror. She sighed, and said, “I’m going to go meet my husband in the lobby, the boys are in their rooms.”

Adelaide nodded, and Lou left the room with the swift turn on her heel. All Addie did was sit there, in the bathroom, with her elbows leaned on the counter as she held her hair with her fists, hard enough for her knuckles to go white.

“Oh,” Lou said, walking back in. Adelaide jumped a bit from the sudden noise that broke the silence. “You’ll be staying in Niall’s room, I’ve left some clothes there for you.”

Addie sighed and leaned back in her chair, sliding down until she was slouching. A strand of her outgrown bangs fell on her forehead, and she nonchalantly blew it off, crossing her arms and staring up at the pieces of hair as they fell back onto her forehead. Smiling, she took the elastic that Lou had supplied her with off her wrist and pulled her brown locks back into a pony tail, letting the outgrown bangs frame the sides of her face.

She got up and left the room, her fingers feeling the end of her blue V-neck. As Addie poked her head through the door and looked down the hall, she was suddenly thankful for the crew to have gotten the whole floor to themselves. She looked up and down the hall, and quietly stepped out with her new pair of Chuck Taylors that Lou had insisted she should wear. The stylist claimed she had too many pairs to count, and had given them to Addie without a second thought.

“Hey, how’d you get up he- oh, hi Addie,” Zayn said, as the Adelaide turned around. “I thought you were a fan for a second there, is that your natural hair?”

Adelaide nodded, as Zayn sent her a warm smile. She returned it.

“Do you, uh, happen to know where Niall’s room is?” Addie asked, biting her lip. Zayn, caught off guard by the sound of her voice – considering he hadn’t heard her talk before – raised his eyebrows and pointed with his thumb behind him.

“Second on the right,” he said, and walked past her without a second thought. Adelaide sighed and began slowly striding towards the room Zayn had informed her the location of. As she walked towards it, she heard the slow strumming of guitar strings through the small crack of the door.