Finding a Frozen Jewel

Title: Wolf Whispers

Rating: T/M

Summary: All Charlotte 'Charlie' Banks wished for was her freedom and her prayers were answered in the form of a Doctor.

Pairing: Nine/Charlie (Slight)

Outfit: Outfits can be found on my Pinterest profile - OUTFIT (Click on the image to enlarge it)

Disclaimer: I own Charlie and any other OC characters. I do not own Doctor Who.

Wolf Whispers

August 2020

Syracuse, New York

Charlie wandered the empty barely lit corridors of her dorm needing to use the bathroom. It was the early hours in the morning, and she was the only one awake. Thunder clapped outside the tall glass windows that allowed the students to view the world beyond the Academy. Whist attending the school, it was prohibited to leave school grounds for any reason. The reason was not given yet no one questioned it.

The E-Academy was one of the most sought-after School in the world and was renowned for their extensive curriculum for education and 98% of graduates leave with a high paying job already in place.

The Academy picked the best students from the best schools and offered a 10-year education scholarship. This meant no matter what age you were selected; you were required to do the full 10 years. For example, if you were picked at 16 years old, then you would remain in school till you were 26. People were sceptical at first, but the doubts went away once they realised each graduate was landing themselves a high-paying job afterwards.

Charlie had attended the E-Academy since she was 13 years old, she was now almost 20 she still had 3 more years to go until she could leave...if they allowed her to. Recently Charlie noticed some of her schoolmates were missing from their classes and she couldn't find them outside of class either. A few days ago, Charlie woke to find her roommate, Kate, missing and all her stuff cleared away leaving one side of the shared room empty apart from a sheet less bed, a desk and chair and an empty wardrobe. When she questioned her housemother, she was told that Kate had left the academy due to family problems.

Charlie didn't believe it for a second. Kate and Charlie had been best friends since they both started the school at the same time. She wouldn't have left without saying goodbye, not to mention that she seemed to leave during the night and all her stuff was gone like she had never been there.

Wolf Whispers

After being at the bathroom, Charlie wandered back to her once shared bedroom. She paused for a moment thinking she heard voices, but at this early in the morning, no one would be awake. She walked over to the slightly open window and looked out, it was hard to see due to it still being dark outside, but she could see enough thanks to the lamps in the grounds. Charlie frowned as she noticed some teachers hanging around the dorms outside, there was about 3 or 4 of them by the steps talking.

Curious, she watched them for a few minutes wondering what they were doing. After a few moments, her eyes widened; she watched as two more teachers appeared with what looked like an unconscious person slung over one of their shoulders.

The teachers began walking back towards the main school building as if nothing was wrong and they weren't carrying someone. Charlie left the window quickly ran to her bedroom to collect a jumper before sticking her feet in a pair of slipper boots and making her way quietly out of the dorms.