The Doctor Dances

Outfit: Outfits can be found on my Pinterest profile – Account on Profile (Click on the image to enlarge it)

Previously

" Mummy" the patients said as they all got up and started walking towards the four unaffected people in the room.

"Don't let them touch you" the Doctor advised.

"What happens if they touch us? " Rose asked.

"You're looking at it," Charlie told her, squinting as her head began to throb, the feeling as though she had a bad migraine coming on.

"Help me, mummy" they all said in unison. The continued to back the four travellers back until they were pressed up against the wall. "Mummy. Mummy. Mummy. Mummy. Mummy. Mummy" the patients all chanted as they slowly made their way towards the four.

Charlie hissed in pain the throbbing got worse, she raised a hand to her head and felt her breath hitch. There on the back of her hand was the matching scar of the gas masked people.

Bad Wolf

Charlie froze in shock and fear as she gazed at the scar on the back of her hand. She didn't want to become one the mindless zombies in front of her. The group was pressed up against the wall when the Doctor suddenly stepped forward

"Go to your room!" he demanded sternly, ripping Charlie's eyes away from her hand towards what was happening. The Zombie hoard had stopped still as though frozen at his command "You have made me very cross, now go to your room!" he pointed off to the side to emphases his point. The rest of the time travellers watched astounded as the mass did as it was told and wandered back to there beds to lay back down.

"Didn't think that was gonna work if I'm honest" the Doctor grinned, spinning round to look at the group behind him. "Glad it did though – those would've been terrible last words!"

Rose laughed and the group dispersed around the room watching the bodies on the bed.

"Why are they all wearing gas masks?" the blonde questioned as she leaned over one the occupied beds

"They're not. Those masks are flesh and bone." Jack said as he sat in a chair and kicked his feet up on the desk ignoring the Doctor's look of annoyance.

Charlie stood back, watching the room silently, her head still pounding and her mind clouding with fear over what she would soon become. She had no idea whether her enhancements would help or hinder the inevitable process. She wanted to speak to her Doctor – to explain what was happening but she knew if she did, the information that he would soon lose her would overtake his mind.

"How was your con supposed to work?" the Doctor asked, his voice full of anger towards the captain

"Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put fifty percent up front, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for; never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con," Jack boasted gaining several glares from around the room.

"Yeah. Perfect." Charlie glared at the handsome captain.

"The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day," Jack laughed before taking a quick glance around the room at the unamused faces, "Getting a hint of disapproval."

"Take a look around the room. This is what your "harmless piece of space-junk" did," The Doctor snarled

"It was a burnt-out medical transporter. It was empty." Jack defended himself