Better Off (Namjoon x Reader)

"Babe, I'm home!" Namjoon called from the door.

You ran down to the foyer and saw Namjoon bringing in his luggage. You smiled happily and jumped onto him, making him drop his luggage. He wrapped his own arms around you tightly and you nuzzled your face into his neck. You missed his scent these past few months and having him in your arms again felt perfect.

You eventually pulled away slowly, leaving a bit of space between both of your faces. Namjoon took this opportunity to lean in for a kiss. You gladly accepted it, feeling his full plump lips on your own. You pulled away after a minute, hugging him tightly again before you hopped down from his arms. You helped bring in his bags into the house as you asked about his trip.

For a few months, he had to travel around the world for his job. He asked if you wanted to go with him but you declined, not wanting to distract him from his work. Besides, you also had a child to take care of. It would've been harder for the both of you to take care of your baby while you were somewhere completely unknown to you.

He's been on a lot of work trips before. He was even on one before you realized you were pregnant. For the first few months of the pregnancy, Namjoon wasn't there to help you. And he went on another business trip when you were close to giving birth. You luckily had Namjoon's friends to help you. More specifically, his best friend Yoongi.

Yoongi was there when you gave birth to your daughter, Namjoon was on the other side of the world and wouldn't have been able to make it. He was with you everyday, helping you with your pregnancy, taking you to your countless doctor visits. 

As you brought a few of Namjoon's bags into your bedroom, you could hear Namjoon going into the baby's room. "Hey there, sweetie." Namjoon said sweetly.

"Dada!" Your daughter shouted, reaching up to Namjoon.

"Yeah, Dada's home. And now we're going to spend so much time together. You, me, and Mama." He tickled, causing a few giggles to leave her mouth.

You went to the doorframe and leaned against it, watching how happy both Namjoon and your daughter was. A sad smile came onto your face as you saw the huge smiles on their faces. You went back into the bedroom, your eyes pricking with tears. You quickly wiped them away, knowing that they hold regret. 'How am I supposed to tell him?'

You heard footsteps behind you and you made sure there were no tears. You cleared your throat and forced a smile, turning to see Namjoon holding your daughter. You took your daughter from Namjoon's arms and pecked his cheek before leaving the room, letting him unpack his things. You went into the kitchen with your daughter, putting her in her highchair as you cut some fruits for her to eat.

When you finished, there was a knock at the door. "Who is it?" Namjoon asked from the bedroom.

You went to the door and peeked through the window. A huge smile made its way to your face as you opened the door, excited about the appearance of your favourite people. "(Y/N)!" They all shouted, hugging you.

You laughed and heard Namjoon running to the front door. They all looked to Namjoon and began shouting, all of them going up to Namjoon and hugging him. You closed the door as they greeted each other, going into the living room together. You closed the door, about to go back into the kitchen when you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned and saw Yoongi, who was scratching the back of his neck. "Why aren't you joining the others? It's been so long since you all spent time together." You told him with a soft smile.

"I wanted to talk to you," he mumbled.

Your smile fell, knowing exactly what he was talking about. You took a deep breath, "Make it quick then. We don't want anyone hearing."