"Love can beat any sort of weather or obstacle," Beomgyu finally pulled away, "And it's Dr. Choi to you."

"You're not even close to being a doctor yet!" Kai exclaimed, "You're just an intern like me."

"Yeah but check out this nifty doctor's coat Dr. Kim gave me," Beomgyu held out his arms and flapped his arms up and down, "This just means I'm one step closer to being the real deal!"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," Kai laughed.

"So once I graduate I'll be Dr. Choi, but what will you be?" Beomgyu rubbed his temples as if he was thinking really hard, "Will I just keep calling you Kai?"

"Actually," Kai pointed to Beomgyu, almost hitting his face, "It'll be nurse Kai to you!"Beomgyu tried his best to suppress his laughter and Kai pouted. "Nurses are just as credible as doctors!"

"I know, I know," Beomgyu grinned, "I just think it's cute is all."

"Well," Kai crossed his arms, "We will see who will be laughing when I start getting my paycheck while you're still studying at med school."

"Okay," Beomgyu puffed and Kai stuck his tongue out.

"There you are!" Dr. Kim came out of the office and grabbed Beomgyu by the ear, "What did I tell you about running off on your own?"

"I'm sorry!" Beomgyu gasped at the sudden pain, "I just saw Kai come in while I was leaving the vending machine and I wanted to say hello!"

Dr. Kim sighed and let go of Beomgyu, "Well, you said your hello, but now we have to go. My patient is waiting on us."

"I'm sorry Dr. Kim."

"Good morning Kai," Dr. Kim turned his attention to the younger boy, "It seems like Nurse Choi is going to be late again so you should go and take a seat in the lobby."

"Oh," Kai frowned, but was quick to return his smile, "Okay, will do."

"See you later Kai," Beomgyu waved as he followed Dr. Kim to the back of the building.

Kai sat in one of the beige colored chairs and began scrolling through his phone. He opened up Instagram and saw some pictures of his friends that were still in high school. Sometimes he wished he didn't graduate early and played dumb on those placement tests. At the same time he's happy to get on with his life and is able to be where he is now.

A woman rushed through the door, almost stumbling over herself. She looked around until she spotted the dark haired boy and smiled, "I'm so sorry I'm late Kai!"

"Is everything alright?" Kai asked as he noticed her disheveled appearance.

"It's my son. He came home with a lot of injuries last night," Nurse Choi shook his head, "Ever since his father passed away he seems to be getting hurt almost everyday."

Kai noticed Nurse Choi's voice was shaking and he got up to hug her.

"I don't know what to do Kai," Nurse Choi explained as she lightly pushed him off, "He won't talk to me or let me help him with his injuries."

"I'm so sorry," Kai looked at her with a tang of pity, "I wish there was something I could do to help."

"Well..."

"Well what?"

"I've been thinking for awhile now," Nurse Choi hesitated for a moment, "Of something you can do for my son."

"Oh?" Kai slightly tilted his head.

"Yes just" Nurse Choi looked around the lobby to make sure nobody was listening to them and hushed her voice, "Follow me to the break room."