XII

The next morning, Kai woke up completely covered by a blanket at his face nuzzled into someone's chest. He's been in this situation before but this time he didn't have to panic because this person was Soobin, who is now officially his boyfriend. Kai could feel his cheeks heat up again, so he buried his face even deeper into Soobin's check.

Yes, they are officially dating now, but that doesn't mean Kai still doesn't feel giddy and nervous around here.

"Stop it," the older boy groaned as he slightly pushed Kai away.

Kai frowned, "Why did you do that?"

"Sleep," Soobin murmured before turning the other way.

Kai's frown deepened and he tugged on the older boy's sleeve to get him to turn back around but this resulted in his hand getting swatted away. 

Sighing, Kai turned his back towards Soobin and grabbed his phone off the nightstand. There weren't any new messages so he just stared blankly at his home screen. It was already eleven in the morning. He wanted to get up and do something with his new boyfriend but he seemed to be too tired to want to do anything.

Kai unwillingly let out another sigh and this caused Soobin to turn back over and wrap an arm around Kai. The younger boy jumped at the action and turned his head to look back at Soobin.

"I'm sorry if I seem grumpy," Soobin pulled him closer, "Let's just sleep for a little longer, okay?"

Kai gave him a small smile in return, "Okay."

-

The next couple of days Soobin and Kai would spend all of their time together, besides when Kai was at school. Whenever Nurse Choi was home she would flash Kai a thumbs up but Soobin always noticed and it embarrassed him a lot. Besides that, Soobin has really enjoyed himself these past few days. Kai made him happy and for once his life felt normal.

No violence.

No kidnapping.

No hostages.

No drug deals.

Just a normal day to day life full of watching movies, going on dates, and talking about nonsense. He hasn't had this kind of lifestyle since he was a kid and part of him missed it. 

On the other hand Kai was enjoying himself as well. Soobin really is a sweet guy, but it's obvious he hasn't been in many relationships before. He stumbles a lot when he gets nervous and doesn't always know what to say or when it's the right time to show affection. Kai isn't even sure if Soobin knew how to properly show affection, but that was okay. Kai thought it was really cute and he was more than happy to show him. 

Although he was having a really good time there was one thing that was bothering him.

Kai's phone beeped and he quickly grabbed it to check the notification but threw it back down when he saw it was only an email.

Soobin paused the movie they were currently watching and looked over at Kai who was visibly upset, "Still haven't from him?"

"I don't get it. I tried texting and calling him these past few days but he doesn't answer," Kai pouted his lips, "And whenever I stop at my dorm to do homework or pick up something he just ignores me. I thought Beomgyu was my best friend."

The night Kai and Soobin officially became a couple, he went back downstairs to tell Beomgyu and let him know that he wanted to stay the night with him. Beomgyu didn't say anything and just left.

"It'll be okay," Soobin leaned over and placed a kiss on Kai's cheek, "Just give him a little time."

"It's been three whole days!" Kai whined, "And I didn't do anything wrong. I don't understand what he needs time for."