..Arcade..

Something that I would've never guessed about Tomura Shigaraki. . . was something I was about to learn in a way I never expected.

Chapter Ten

"Hey, Midoriya. We're gonna watch the girls play DancingRush Stardom. Wanna watch when your done with that?" Kirishima asked Izuku who was playing a small arcade game, 'Street Fighter'. Something the greenette hasn't played for ages. He was quite good at it to say the least. Izuku had always been a bit of a gamer especially (and a little surprising) for fighting games. Maybe he just liked playing games where he could defeat his opponent; and even pick up ideas and inspiration for moves and attacks. He was a hero in training after all.

"Sure thing Kirishima." Izuku responded over his shoulder and smiled. His friend nodded and left the hero to finish his game.

"Wow. This level is definitely harder than the last level. . . I think the last time I played this I was still in elementary. I'm probably not as good as this as I use to be."  

Shaking his joystick around, (No, that line is not dirty. Stop it with your perverted minds. I'm onto you) Izuku bit his lip as he focused on the screen in front of him. "Dang it. . ." He sighed in defeat as his character died and the words 'LOSER' appeared on the screen. The teen leaned back in his chair and tilted his head back as he closed his eyes. It was just a small defeat. No big deal. And besides, he should catch up with the others who went off somewhere in the arcade to watch his female classmates dance.

"You suck at that game."

Midoriya's eyes shot open and hovering above him was the last person he ever expected to see here. "Shigar-- I-I mean, Shi-kun !?" He gasped, seeming shocked that the villain was here of all places. Well, this guy was forcing Izuku to work the hero's evenings at a coffee shop, so maybe Tomura just made it a habit of being unexpected.

"Who did you expect?" He snapped and pulled his black hood down his face a little more-- leaving his red eyes to glow under the shadow of the cloth and stare into Izuku's green orbs. "Why are you here anyway? And with the other U.A brats. Don't you have schoolwork or something?" Tomura sneered and focused his attention to the arcade screen in front of them.

"We're just here to hang out. Me and my classmates that is. Don't even think about starting anything here. With twenty U.A students here you wouldn't stand a cha--"

"I couldn't care less what you're all here to do. I come here when I'm bored." The villain replied and suddenly slowly leaned over Izuku, and put in a few coins in the arcade machine and him and Izuku watched the game start back up. Although the close contact with the villain made Izuku uncomfortable in more ways than one. "You were panicking and that's how you lost." He stated and began taking over the controls for Izuku-- who was between Tomura's chest and the game, his sides trapped with the villains long lanky arms on either side of him. "This level is easy. Figures you can't win. What do they teach you in that hero school anyway besides being pathetic, gullible, hormonal brats that are easily manipulated?" He asked with a sick grin, his beady eyes completely into the fighting and characters attacking each other-- sucked into the game as he taunted Izuku-- who tried his best to not lose it. The teen under Tomura's chin inhaled. Izuku placed his clenched fist in his lap and watched Shigaraki play 'Street Fighter'. Something that surprised the younger male was that how good  Tomura was at the game; smashing buttons quickly, the joystick was on fire at the speed it traveled!; his heartbeat which Izuku could hear behind them was steady and calm; the villain exhaled softly. The excitement of the battle! It even brought Izuku to the edge of his chair; Izuku held his breath he wasn't aware of holding; feeling his palms sweat with anticipation-- suspense and prediction of the winner-- watching and forgetting who Izuku was even rooting for. The hero practically cheered for Tomura when the words 'WINNER' appeared in green across the screen. He won!

"You did  it , Shi-kun!" Izuku gasped out with wide eyes. Tomura glanced down at the teen, watching his expression. "And you hardly lost any life at all!" Even Midoriya was impressed; much like a child who just watched an older kid do something incredible to them, even if to the other it wasn't. "And you even had your own backup plan! I can tell that by the way you were holding onto the extra objects you could've thrown, but you didn't! And how did you get Ken to do that last move you used in the end? I haven't played since I was a kid, well, I guess in a way I'm still a student so I am just a kid, but I have some questions on what combos you recommend--" Izuku's long rant came to a sudden halt.

What . . . was he doing?!. . . .

Izuku's breath hitched and he looked down into his lap, talking to it instead of the villain who was still there, hovering over the hero. "I-I... I mean...I didn't think villains ever had time to play video games." Though with his gaze lowered, Midoriya noticed Tomura's hands that were still on the controls. His white bony fingers were angled awkwardly around the controls and buttons. Some fingers weren't touching them. Made sense because of Tomura's quirk. But that must be uncomfortable. Especially with how much work Shigaraki just put into winning the level. As if to prove Izuku's point, Tomura stretched his cramped fingers.

For some reason Tomura felt... off when Izuku stopped his praising excitement. "So?" He questioned in a cold tone. "You think just because you're a hero and I'm a villain you can act surprised if I do something normal. . . You heroes are just that stuck up, huh?" And with that, Tomura stepped away from the game, and from Midoriya, giving the teenager his space again.

Izuku tried to come back with something, but his words left him. In a way, what Tomura said did make sense from his point of view; and for some reason, Izuku, the U.A student who's fate kept intertwining him with Tomura Shigaraki, felt. . . just the slightest bit of guilt for Tomura's point making so much sense.

Izuku's Mental Notes on Tomura Shigaraki No.1

 His quirk keeps him at a disadvantage when using his fingers coordinately (Ex. Video Games)