..Late..

Chapter Five

"I'm going to be late!" exclaimed Izuku as he ran past his mom and out the front door, not bothering to waste anytime on breakfast, and more time on getting to his early morning classes with Aizawa.

"Last night's adventure took a toll on me. I'll need to remind Shigaraki I'm not interested helping on school nights from now on.."

Izuku waited nervously at the crosswalk waiting for the sign to signal it's safe to walk, but someone tapped on his shoulder with a very hard sort-of poke.

"Huh?" Izuku turned but he didn't see anyone at first; until he saw a small kid standing right in front of Izuku's knees.

The boy wore a faded red hoodie with yellow stripes, black pants, brown shoes and soft blonde locks that seemed yet to have a met a comb.

"Can I help you?" Izuku asked kindly to the child.

The kid, a small boy who couldn't be more older than eleven, grabbed Izuku's hand and started dragging him away from the crosswalk and the opposite direction Izuku needed to go.

"H-Hey, where are you taking me?? I'm in a rush so could you show me later  whatever it is?" Izuku said nervously. He really wasn't use to kids, and if anything Izuku was a bit of a doormat when it came to trying to please them.

"Well, um, I have to go to school and I can't-" Izuku stopped when he saw something on the boy's arm. It was a mark that wrapped half-way around the kid's hand, and was bright red with freshness.

"Your arm....Are you okay?" Izuku asked, but the boy had already stopped dragging Izuku and now both boys were standing in front of a dark alley.

Looking at Izuku with a toothy smile, the little boy ran into the alley.

"W-Wait! Where are you going?!" Izuku hesitated about following after the boy. It seemed weird that the kid would bring him here of all places, but if he didn't do something, Izuku would be late for class and lose the boy, so he had to choose.

"I can't just let him run off with those marks. He could be in danger.."

So Izuku followed after the boy, but realized that after running after the quite-quick little boy that Izuku was nowhere as fast as the kid.

"He's pretty fast, but where is he leading me?" Izuku gasped and stopped when the boy stopped about ten feet in front of him.

"Your name is Izuku Midoriya, correct?" the boy's tone seemed more serious and the words that tumbled from his mouth were colder and snappier.

"Y-yes.." answered Izuku cautiously.

Taking a slow and firm step towards Izuku, the child started to steadily make himself closer to the greenette.

Izuku started to take a step back, and start to think of a way to keep his distance as far away as possible from this kid when..

"OHMYGODTHANKYOUYOURMYHEROOOO!!!!!!!" wailed the kid and he jumped and latched himself on Izuku's thighs, rubbing his snotty and teary face all over the UA uniform, and causing Izuku to drop his schoolbag in surprise.

"W-What the--" Izuku's body stiffened in alarm. If Izuku wasn't paying more attention, he would've thought this kid was about to attack him, but no, this little boy was only using him as a human kleenex..

"I thought I was going to die last night!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!" the boy sobbed out.

"Last night?.."

"M-Mhm." the boy nodded, gripping on to Izuku for dear life.

"Wait, so you were the hostage!?" Izuku exclaimed "Your...Your apart of the League..!" Izuku whispered/shouted the last part. This little kid that could barely hold himself together was working with Shigaraki?--A villain?

That idea seemed so absurd that Izuku almost couldn't believe it.

After the matter sunk into Izuku's head, he pulled the child off and Izuku crouched on knees to speak to the boy face-to-face.

"Your working with Tomura Shigaraki?"

The boy wiped his eyes "Yeah."

Izuku thought deeply for a moment then put on a more tired-looking smile on "What's your name?" he asked kindly.

"*sniff* Yuu Yuchimi."

"What's your quirk?"

After a moment of awkward silence, Yuu answered "I don't have one."

Izuku's eyes widen "You don't have a quirk?"

"N-no..." Yuu blushed from embarrassment, and which caught Izuku's attention.

"I-I didn't mean it like that! I was just surprised that Tomura wanted me to save someone with no quirk-I mean-that's not what I meant-I didn't mean in that way!! It's fine that you don't have a quirk! I didn't use to--I mean!.." Izuku trailed off from his rant and stared down sheepishly.

Yuu laughed at bit at Izuku's awkwardness and Izuku sighed of relief. At least he didn't upset him.

"How did you get captured?" Izuku asked Yuu.

"Hm, I was walking back from running an errand Tomura-kun had me run one night and these three huuuuge men grabbed me, and after that....I fell asleep and woke up with duct tape all over me. They kept asking me questions on  something, but I couldn't answer cause that would upset Tomura-kun and I didn't want to get him mad, so instead I pretended I didn't know! They also hurt my arm when they got mad at me" Yuu added.

Izuku listened to Yuu's story then asked "What did they want from you?"

"I'm making weapon something for the other villains and they wanted it" was Izuku's answer.

"Weapon!?? How did they know your making weapons for the League?" Izuku asked confused and shocked this kid that could barely reach Izuku's chest, was doing something as dangerous as creating weapons for Shigaraki and the other villains.

Yuu kicked the ground with his sneaker "How should I know? I don't really care anyway. I got saved in the end just like I knew I was gonna be" he seemed unreasonably calm. If any other child went through this trauma, they wouldn't be like this, but if this kid is important enough to Shigaraki, maybe there's more to Yuu then meets the eye..

The two stood in silence before Izuku jumped up straight as a board.

"What's wrong?" asked Yuu.

"I have to go school!! I'm late!!! Oh my gosh, I gotta go Yuu!!" Izuku grabbed his bag off the ground and went off away from the alley and towards the direction for UA.

"I'm sorry I have to go like this!" Izuku called over his shoulder.

"Hey, Midoriya-kun!" Yuu called running up to Izuku "Will you be busy after school?"

Izuku jumping from one foot to the other anxious answered "I don't think so."

"Meet me at the coffee shop on Shigamine Street, okay?" Yuu's eyes lit up, obviously wanting Izuku to agree.

Izuku nodded "Sure!" saying goodbye until later this evening, Izuku quickly sped away.