..It's Okay Now..

Chapter Thirty-One

. . .

The Sport's Festival was all over TV and news stations even after it ended. The fact that Tomura Shigaraki was there and was saved by a student met every front page and headline; newspapers and articles covered every inch of what happened, and of course, gossip and rumors broke out and flooded the scene. People began questioning U.A, and the Sport's Festival, which was supposed to gain the public's trust and take a break on everyone's minds, only made things much worst. Nothing was going to be the same- especially for Tomura and Izuku. But Tomura wasn't too aware of all of it. He kept himself away from the TV and news, as it only upset him.

After Tomura fell off the stadium, he was sent back to HQ thanks to Kurogiri who showed his deepest apologies for arriving too late, saying it was almost impossible to get in with all the pro's around.

But Tomura didn't blame Kurogiri. The only one he blamed... was himself. 

Days after the Festival, Tomura kept himself up in his room with no food or sleep. He stared at his hands the entire time. These cursed things.. How much longer would he destroy everything and everyone he cared about? He thought he wouldn't have to worry about another incident like with his father, but it seemed history just repeated itself. Tomura probably killed Izuku, didn't he? The only person who genuinely cared about him, and the only person Tomura also genuinely cared for in return was gone. 

And those days Tomura spent locked up, he refused to talk to any of the other villains. He stayed curled up on the floor against the wall in the corner of his room in the dark, with no light except the dim light coming from his computer screen on his desk. He hair was mangled and hadn't met a brush or shower head in what looked like forever. His clothes were the same ones he was wearing since the Sport's Festival.

''My... my damn  quirk took him away from me...'' Tomura hissed through his teeth, unable to even pull his hair in frustration or grip his clothes because of his quirk. Everything became irritating. Tomura couldn't take it anymore. This all began of his confusing, stupid feelings for Izuku. It was Tomura's plan to kidnap Izuku at the U.S.J just to see the boy who made a promise to him; it was Tomura's idea to make up some story that his master wanted something Nezu possessed to come up with a reason why he needed Izuku; and it was Tomura's fault he got caught and his fault he touch Izuku.

After everything the two went through, Tomura was sure that they would both by okay. Tomura was so careful-- hiding his plans involving Izuku from his master, making Izuku work at that cafe just so Tomura could keep an eye on him without All for One knowing. If Tomura's master found out about Izuku, Tomura was sure he would've done something to Izuku and Tomura was be powerless to stop it. Tomura pulled the strings from behind the scenes, working so hard to keep Izuku safe.

But Tomura ruined all of it. 

What could he even do at this point? Tomura didn't even know what to do at this point. Without Izuku's smile, his kind heart, his voice, Tomura didn't understand how he would live anymore...

''Maybe...''

He stared at his shaky hands, before slowly reaching for his own neck.

''I should just quit this game. . ''

His palms touched his skin, and he began to curl his fingers. 

''Without my favorite player. . . I don't want to play anymore. . ''

His fingertips got closer to his neck. It would be better to just quit all of this. Tomura should destroy himself just like how he destroyed such innocence-- a potential hero who had an entire future ahead of him if Tomura had never come into his life and stole it, Izuku would be in this world, he would be going to school, having class, and saving lives..

And unlike Izuku, Tomura was only good at taking lives in the first place.

''So I should just...''

Tomura's fingertips got closer...

''I should die-''

. . . 

. . .

But, just as the last fingertips were about to make contact, someone pulled his hands away form his neck. Tomura was so caught off guard, he didn't even have time to react when he was pulled into a hug. 

''I-It's okay n-now!'' Someone quickly told him, hugging Tomura tighter.

Suddenly, the villain's eyes widened, and he realized it was-

''Brat.. . ?'' Tomura asked under his breath, his body wouldn't move. 

Izuku's eyes were filled with tears, he began to cry almost immediately. ''I'm alright ! See?'' he promised, holding the villain close, He was almost too late, his heart was breaking just because of that fact. ''It's going to be alright. .'' Izuku whispered, sniffing afterwards. 

After a moment, Tomura pulled back from the hug a bit. He bit his lip and felt his cheeks heat up. ''G-get out of my sight. .'' he muttered, despite not moving away from Izuku. 

''Don't say that-''

''Go away!''

''It's going to be okay now-''

''I hate you!'' 

But even as sharp and cold as Tomura's words sounded, Izuku didn't flinch. He reached up and cupped Tomura's cheek, gently cradling his face and used his thumb to wipe Tomura's tears away. 

''I-I.. hate you. .'' he muttered, his shoulders shaking as he tried to keep his gaze on the floor to hide his expression from Izuku, even though they both knew he was crying. It only made him hurt more seeing Izuku with only one hand now. ''I hate you!'' Tomura cried, leaning his face against Izuku's chest. 

The greenette smiled sadly, but used his hand to softly brush and pat Tomura's head as the villain cried there. They both stayed there for awhile; Tomura didn't even know how many tears he was holding back all this time, but they all broke lose at once.

But Izuku didn't push Tomura away. They stayed there; crying, comforting, and hurt together. 

And after Kurogiri watched for a moment from the door being a crack open, he shut it, and sighed with relief. ''I suppose we owe Izuku Midoriya our forever gratitude for saving my young master. I'm glad I brought him here..'' he said to himself, before heading back downstairs, giving the two all the privacy and alone time they needed.