Chapter 13

(Jerome's POV)

The house was empty when I woke up. Where is Louise? I walk downstairs to see the place trashed and the news blaring from the TV.

Damn it! That little slut wrecked my house!

"A boy, about 22 was found shot in an abandoned building called "Swerves", a place that used to be a night club." The news lady said.

"Eh whatever." I picked up the remote.

Just as I was about to turn it off the news reporter started talking again.

"The boy appears to be Mitchell Hughes, a famous YouTuber."

I dropped the remote making the back break off.

"M-Mitch...?" I gasped.

"I was just walking past the building, on my way home from work, when I hear a gunshot and a cry of agony." A woman said.

"Mitchell Hughes is not yet determined to be dead or alive yet. More on the story at 9." The news lady said.

Mitch is my best friend. How would he have died like this?! Don't think that. He could still be alive.

Whoever killed him is going to pay...

(Jasmine's POV)

I run downstairs as I hear the phone ring.

"I'M COMING JEEZ." I scream.

(BOLD- policeman)
(Italics- Jasmine)

"Hello...?"

"Good morning, Ma'am. Is this Jasmine Hughes?"

"Yes? Who is this?"

"I'm Officer Leeway from the local police station."

"Oh... Did I do something wrong, Officer?"

"No Ma'am. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but-"

"But what?!"

"But you're husband is dead..."