Chapter 20

Brax's POV

As I finished kissing Max I slowly pulled away so we could both get out breath back. We both looked at each other and said wow almost simultaneously. I cleared my senses and said to Max "Believe it or not I previously kissed guys but never felt anything like I just felt. I heard stories about the mating bond but to be honest was not sure to believe it or not but now I understand why it is important to find you mate ."
As we talked a little bit more I noticed the time and it was getting late. So I got up to leave and Max grabbed my arm to stop me and said. "I may not be ready to fully mate with you but I really don't want you to leave. I know we have only just met but really don't like the thought of you not being here with me."
I looked at him and removed a piece of hair from his eyes and said. "Sweetheart I need to go back to mine tonight as I need to be up early and in the shop but as soon as I have finished what I need to do I will ring you and arrange to meet up. As for me living here lets discuss it more tomorrow, ok. Oh and before I forget you defiantly have a job the others and I were very impressed with you work. We cannot wait to see your finished design and whatever you need let one of us know."

As I finished saying what I needed to say, Max gave me another hug and kiss and thanked me for a lovely night and giving him a job. We made sure we had each other's numbers before I left.

As I was walking back to my flat I finally answered Bren's question he asked whilst we were walking back to Max's before switching my link off.

"Yes Max is my mate and yes I accepted him."

I also told Bren that we all need to talk tomorrow, which he agreed to.

Next morning

I slept the best I ever have last night thinking about my beautiful mate. As I was thinking about him some more I was rudely woken up by my phone ringing. I looked at the time and realised it was my alarm clock which I previously set. I got up had a quick shower, grabbed a piece of toast and a cup of coffee in my to go cup and walked down the stairs to the shop. As I entered the staff room there sat my brothers and my cousins including Blake the beta looking at me with the biggest grins on their faces.
"Morning family." I grunted.
As toped up my now empty cup with fresh brewed coffee. I took a quick gulp before telling them about Max being my mate. I told them he rejected his ex-mate and wouldn't tell them the whole story as it was not my story to tell. Blake linked me to say he already knew as he was the one that rescued him originally with Ben when he was attacked by the she wolf. I was grateful to my cousin and told him so. As I answered questions the others asked. I told them that no matter who the father of those babies I will claim them as my own and will not treat them any different to our future pups/cubs. My brothers both gave me a hug and told me how proud I was even though they were older I was always been the grown up one out of the three of us. Bren whispered to me "I am so proud of you bro I wish you happiness. I hope one day I will find my happiness." As I looked at my big brother I could see sadness and regret in his eyes. I replied through our link "Bren you will get your happy ending just don't give up. Love you bro too."

As we finished our sappy talk, I cleared my throat and told them that Max asked me to move into his house as it would make a beautiful family home. I also told them I gave him the go ahead with doing the marketing for the business as we agreed. I told them that I plan to meet him later to discuss everything in more detail including me moving in. Bren said once everything is settled and we all agree maybe we can reorganise the flats. So that the four of them used the top two floors and the bottom flat could be split up so they were separate units for potential staff accommodation, which we all agreed would be discuss at a later date. At that point Blake said he had to go and help Jett and Sage with something. He reminded us about the pack barque on Saturday to introduce new pack members. I was looking forward to go as I have not been to one since we joined the pack. Hopefully now Max will come with us as he is part of my family.
Once Blake had left the others and I talked about how things were going with the shop renovations. We agreed everything should be completed by the end of the following week. So we decided to have the open day two weeks Saturday so we could make sure everything was ready and that we were familiarised ourselves with the new equipment. I told everyone that I would talk to Max about advertising our opening day which they agreed would be brilliant as he was now part of the family.
After we finished the meeting and I did what I needed to do the morning had already gone. I looked at my phone and saw it was 12.30 so I decided to call it a day and ring Max to see if he wanted to me up at the bakery for a quick bite to eat. When I asked him he started laughing and asked if I read his mind as he was actually walking to the bakery as we talked because he was craving a Danish pastry. I grabbed my jacket before shouting bye to everyone and walked over to Max who was outside the bakery leaning against the wall. I gave him a quick kiss before opening the door for him. We both sat down in a booth after choosing something to eat and a sprite to drink.