- Matthias Charles -

It was so cold today, freezing.

The windows were slightly opened since I forgot to close them last night. I struggled to make my way out of bed and as I tried to I was immediately greeted by my dog, Max. He crawled up and snuggled in my lap like he always would. I smiled, getting this much of affection from Max early in the morning was comforting in this kind of weather.

After sitting on the the bed for awhile with Max on my lap, petting with him with one hand and scrolling through my timeline on my phone with the other. I sat there just waiting for Alice to call me like she normally would since she normally wakes up early to make breakfast or clean the area.

Yeah, she's practically living here now. Every time I brought up the topic of her going back to her shared house with Emma to spend time with her, she'd always get into a fight with me or yell at me saying things like I don't want her around or I'm selfish or worst off, that I'm cheating on her.

It really hurts me that she thinks that way, I swear I'm not that kind of guy.

I used to be this outgoing, funny charming guy that I knew, but all changed ever since I got Alice. She didn't do anything too drastic to fuck me up, but she changed me. I feel like I'm more of an overprotective, tired and dark person inside there.

I love her, I really do but all I want from her is for her to be her again. I don't want to come home everyday to this dull person anymore. It feels like I'm talking to the walls. She's disturbed or something, she's different.

/..

"Hey babe, do you want breakfast or no?" Alice asked as she popped her head to the side of door.

There she is.

"Nope."

"Huh then what do you want?" Alice asked as she walked closer to him.

"You." Matthias answered as he pulled her to the bed and snuggled her.

"Hey!" Alice said as she laughed.

Matthias looked at her and sighed while he let out a smile.

Alice touched his under eye and slowly rubbed it.

"Look at your dark circles, it must be hard huh." Alice said as she continued to touch his under eye.

"Mmmhm, writing isn't easy babe."

"I'm sorry, I wasn't much help."

"Huh, why should you be sorry."

Alice didn't say much, she knew that she did hurt him by acting the way she did.

Matthias messed up her hair playfully like he would normally when she laid next to him but the only difference was that he was a little bit more happier since she tired to make a move. It was a small start but hey, it was something.

/..

He looked in the mirror that was now all fogged up from the heat of the shower. He smiled and reached for his toothbrush. As he continued to brush his teeth as he he tried to write something on the mirror. He smiled as the toothpaste in his mouth slowly spilled out like a kid.

Alice

/..

"What's for breakfast." Matthias said as he hugged Alice from behind watching her plate the food.

"Jesus Matt, you need to stop scaring me." Alice said as she turned to him and watched as he smirked.

"I want to try that." Matthias said as he stuck his finger into the the pancake mix with melted chocolate.