Chapter 1: The Past

"Stop." The man called from the shadows.

In spite of the man's threats, she continued running. For if she was caught it would be the end of the world. As she was in labor, and the rain came pouring down, she felt the most pain. Both physical and emotional. It was hard for her to stop her tears from running down her cheeks because she feared she wouldn't survive. There wasn't a thought in her head other than getting to the Orphanage.

Seeing the man close behind her, the woman had to turn the corner. She drew her wand and twirled it in a spiral motion. She managed to make herself invisible by casting this disillusionment charm. The man slowly. walked. around. the corner.

The man wore an all-black fedora, suitcoat, and pants. The shine from his shoes were so clear that you could see the tiniest mole on your face.

"You can't hide forever..." The man said.

She knew that he was trying to scare her, but not even his wit could outsmart her. She looked down at her hand realizing that the charm was starting to wear off. So, her eyes followed his shiny shoes down the alley and once his back was turned towards her, she slipped away.

The charm spell didn't help since the man heard her splashing in the rain as she ran. So, he dashed after her. It was no use because the woman was too far away. That's when he pulled out his wand.

"Confundus!" The man said missing the woman completely.

When the man cast a spell towards her, the woman blocked it, even if he managed to aim the spell directly at her. However, the woman was able to see the port key that would transport her to the Orphanage. Usually, she isn't a very emotional person, but everything happened so suddenly and so fast. It was all hard to digest. Now, she had to do what was right for the baby and for the magical world's future.

"Avada kedavra!" The woman shouted at the man.

The man had no chance and died right at the spell hit him. The woman leaped for the port key and transported right in front of the Orphanage. She ran as fast as she could to the back door and knocked relentlessly on the door. Opening the door was a nurse in her late 40s, with black hair (worn in a low bun), average height, pale skinned and wore a white nurse outfit.

"Delphini, are you-" The nurse, Euphemia Rowle, said with concern.

"In labor, yes." Delphini said hastily.

"Come in, Come in!" Euphemia said, motioning her to lay on the table.

Delphini has sliver hair with blue tips, fairly tall, and a large tattoo of an Augurey on her back. Augurey is a small greenish-black bird that resembles a vulture and can emit a distinctive low cry. The bird reminds her of her childhood. No, she did not spend her time at Hogwarts, but that doesn't mean she didn't go to a school for magic.

It all started in 1987 secretly at the Malfoy Mannor when Bellatrix Lestrange gave birth to Delphini. Euphemia was there, who helped Bellatrix through childbirth. With a heavy heart, Bellatrix passed her newborn daughter to Euphemia. She looked in her baby girl's eyes and saw Lord Voldemort's, but Bellatrix could only hold her for a second before she was told to let go. Narcissa Malfoy told her it was impossible to bring the baby on their search for the Dark Lord.

So, Narcissa devised a plan to give Delphini to Euphemia Rowle. Euphemia was initially hesitant to take on the responsibility of caring for Delphini. However, once she was offered a generous compensation for her services, she was more than willing to take on the responsibility, with the understanding that she would return the baby once the Dark Lord was in power.

Euphemia took Delphini to Rowle Mannor and gave her own room. The room had a dark, mysterious atmosphere with its black walls and dark grey floor. The bed was a perfect representation of this theme. Decorated in gold and black curtains that gave it the feel of something a vampire would sleep in. Additionally, there was also a dresser lined with gold accessories. In the corner, a cage containing an Augurey was present. It appeared to be weeping, suggesting that it was aware of the unfortunate fate that had befallen Delphi.