Chapter 6: Platform 9 & 3/4

That night, Ven couldn't sleep. His thoughts lost in possibilities of what would come tomorrow. He laid there in the dark and wondered how he'd be able to keep up. Would he have to fend for himself? Cause he certainly didn't know anyone. The fear of being alone made Ven's body shake.

After his intrusive thoughts left, he finally had the chance to close his eyes. With his eyes closed he only slept for an hour but felt like eleven. He rose, opened the curtains, and looked out his window to see the sunrise. Quickly, but silently, he got out of his bed and started to pack all his things. Just then Ven felt someone staring from behind.

"Ven?" Wallace said in a sleepily whisper, he is a noticeably light sleeper, "What- What time is it?"

"Don't know," Ven whispered, "But the sun is rising."

Ven pointed to the window and Wallace followed his finger. Wallace looked outside for a moment before looking back at Ven who was packing frantically.

"Can I help?" Wallace said as Ven stopping packing and looked at Wallace.

Ven thought for a moment before he spoke, "I'm sorry Wallace, but no. Just go back to bed."

Ven said it harsher than he meant to.

"But it's only packing right?"

"Wallace, I have to do this myself."

"Then maybe I could-"

"I said no!" Ven hissed.

Ven could tell that he indeed hurt Wallace's feeling, but he had no choice. What if he saw his wand? What if he looked at the potions? What if he knew something was up? Ven couldn't take that risk. Ven quickly finished packing and brought his stuff downstairs. Placing it at the end of the grand staircase. Ven kept his wand in the outside pocket of his trunk because he didn't want anyone to see it. Couldn't take any chances.

"You're up early," It was the caretaker.

"Yes. I leave for school today." Ven reminded the caretaker.

"Right, yes," the caretaker's mood seemed to brighten, "I think we all will miss you very much. We hate to see you go."

"You know I'm coming back this summer, right?"

"Yes, but ten months is a long time to be gone!"

"Right."

"Yes, well," The caretaker looked at his watch, "Mr. Longbottom should be here soon to pick you up. I've told the cook to make you breakfast."

"Thank you."

"You are VERY welcome. Now, run along now. Before it gets cold."

Ven could tell the caretaker was happy to see him leave, but it didn't matter to Ven. He was happy to leave as well. Of course, he loved spending time with May and Wallace, but he never really belonged.

Ven made his way over to the kitchen to check on his food. There he saw a plump woman, who was cooking and didn't even notice Ven until he spoke.

"Hello."

"OH!" The cooked looked in Ven's direction, hitting her head on the cupboards above her, "Well hello there. You must be Ven."

"Yes, I am. I'm just checking in on breakfast."

"Oh yes! It's almost done. But you can have your dessert first." The woman said pointing to the cinnamon roll on the counter. Next to the roll was an envelope with Ven's name on it. Ven opened it and inside was a simple white card reading:

Dear Ven,

We just wanted to take a moment to say goodbye and wish you all the best as you embark on this new journey at your new boarding school. Although its hard to say goodbye, I know that this is an exciting opportunity for you. You'll have the chance to meet new people, learn new things, and grow in ways you never thought was possible. We have no doubt that you will do remarkable things. Please know that you will be missed while you are away. Though you don't believe it, your presence has brought so much joy and happiness to those around you. However, I know that distance won't change the fact that you're an amazing person and a loyal friend. So, as you pack your bags and head off to boarding school, know that you have our support. You better write git! We can't wait to hear about all the wonderful experiences you'll have and the amazing things you'll accomplished. We thought that we'd write a letter because we know that when we wake up, you'll be gone. Take care and good luck!