Chapter 4: Inside a Coffin of Lies

That night Ven was woken by flashing lights of blue and red. Ven, unaware of what was going on, grabbed his robe and opened his door quietly.

"Ven," Wallace said in a small sad voice, "What's going on? I saw the light..."

"I don't know," Ven said warmly, "Come with me."

"Okay."

Ven held out his hand and Wallace slowly walked over to Ven, taking his hand. The two of them walked slowly out of the boy dormitory and down the grand staircase. Downstairs it wasn't quiet. In fact, it was very busy. The caretaker was talking to what looked like a detective and many police officers were coming in and out.

In the corner, Ven saw one of the housekeepers, May and a bunch of other girls from their dormitory. The housekeeper was crying uncontrollably, and May tried to ease her pain, but it was no use. Ven walked over to May and the others.

"May, what's going on?" Ven said to May.

May obviously didn't hear Ven. So, he spoke slightly louder.

"May?" Ven could tell she had been crying.

"Oh, Ven. Hey," May said heartbroken.

"What- what's going on here?"

"It's," May said with a sniffle, "It's Ms.-"

Then the maid, stopped crying, and pointed to a stretcher behind Ven, the entire room was silent. Ven turned to see two paramedics rolling a white cloth laid over a lifeless corpse out of the orphanage. Ven watched the caretaker shed a hushed tear. Maybe he wasn't as bad as the children made him out to be.

The paramedics caried the stretcher down the steps at the door the body shook and the arm became apparent to Ven's view. There were red lines, that looked like bonds, words engraved in her skin and the rest of the person's arm was charred.

"Who would do such a thing?" Ven said softly to May.

May shrugged her shoulders in fear.

Just then, the caretaker grabbed Ven by the collar of his robe and dragged him into his office. He shoved ven into a chair and the detective slipped into the office, shutting the door.

"What the HELL do you think you're playing at now?!" The caretaker says sternly The detective calmly sat in a seat against the wall next to Ven.

"What do you mean?" Ven said.

"I know that you killed Ms. Rowle!" The caretaker was now screaming at Ven.

"Wha-what I didn't do-"

"Don't play dumb with me now, Ven! For 11 years I have put up with your CRAP and now this is your last straw!"

"I didn't do anything."

"Ahem. If I may ask the questions from now on," The detective said.

"NO. There is nothing to ask-"

"I wasn't asking for YOUR permission," The detective said melancholy, "Ven?"

"Yes?"

"Look at this picture," The detective said handing Ven a picture from underneath his armpit, "Read the engraving here."

"Do you promise to keep Ven away from the magical world and from the prophecy coming to pass?"

Number one:

Why was HIS name on Ms. Rowle's arm?

Number two:

Why was someone trying to keep him away from the magical world?