48| Freya Of Fury

Start from the beginning

In her experience looking back on things only causes unnecessary pain and so she chooses to keep looking towards the future.

She notices Cloud before the others do, springing to her feet once she see him sprinting towards them, almost barreling into a patient being transported to surgery.

“Cloud?”

Seconds before he reaches them, Sky is swept off her feet, looking up from the ground to see the air rippling with a strange energy.

Soon enough everything is coated in a cold blue hue that slows things down until time seems to stop.

Well that's not exactly true, instead of time stopping completely, it's more like everything is suspended in place bar the Initials and any other extraordinary being that is unfortunate enough to find themselves trapped inside the Church of Babylon’s range.

She gasps, the sudden surge of added pressure killing her shoulders and making it harder to breathe. “What was that?”

Sky takes his hand when Cloud offers it, dusting off the stray pieces of gravel stuck in the collar of his fleece jacket.

“We gotta get out of here, like now!”

“Uh, guys,” Casey calls, looking over his shoulder from the window ledge. “I don't suppose the hospital is having some sort of free rock concert?”

“What the hell are you talking about Greyson?”

Casey moves out of the way to make room for Topher to have a look, turning to the girls to explain what he just saw. “Well they got some creepy guys in capes standing outside.”

Neith and Sky lock eyes before running towards the window to have a look whilst Casey messes with the old guy who was particularly rude to him earlier by taking one of his fingers and sticking it up his nose.

When Cloud raises a brow questioningly, Casey simply shrugs his shoulders.”He had it coming.”

Topher points out the window at the symbols that temporarily appear on the walls of the forcefield tent the Red Cloaks have built around the perimeter. “I've never seen any magic like this before but those symbols must work similar to runes.”

“You think you could crack it?” Sky inquires, counting at least ten Red Cloaks on this side of the hospital alone.

“Sure I could, but there's someone better suited for the job.”

“He's talking about me.” Casey interjects, slinking his arms over their shoulder with a cheeky grin.

Neith scoffs. “You?”

“Don't sound so surprised baby, I'm not just a pretty face with baby blues.”

Neith chuckles, shrugging him off. “That's a stretch.”

“That's right, you're also a Ward Weaver.” Sky recalls, knowing that if his skills are anywhere near that of his infamous parents then he should be able to take down the force field.

“Are we really going to let this goofball handle it alone?” Neith argues, clearly not placing her confidence in the expanding plan as the rest of them are.

“Just let me do what I'm best at.”

Neith folds her freckled arms across her chest. “Which would be?”

Casey makes a crunchy crackling sound as he cracks his fingers, stretching his arms out in front of him before rotating his head in tight circles. “Breaking into stuff!”

“But this time we're trying to break out.” Topher adds, whipping his blonde curtains out of his face.

“Right, duh.”