Ch 51: Beach Trip,

Imagine: You and your group of friends plan a Beach trip down to the local beach. You unfortunately woke up feeling a little on the unwell side, but you had been looking forward to this trip! So you decide to trudge on and suck it up. Unbeknownst to you, you'd regret that decision.

Or will you?

AU: Modern Universe

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
****

• "Beach Day!!!" Screamed AJ, running down the stairs excitedly. You inwardly groan whilst following slowly behind him. 'It's too early to be yelling...' you thought grimly to yourself.
Also, not to mention, the uneasy feeling in your stomach didn't make it any better.
• Clementine was already in the kitchen, cooking up a storm. The aroma of freshly baked goods filled the house. At least it distracted you for a bit. Thankfully.

• Now, you (the readers) may be wondering why Y/n was currently at Clementines house. Well... you live a bit further away.
So you're saving petroleum and money by dropping by her house big time. Think of it as a shortcut? A savvy way to save yourself from a three-hour-straight drive??
Eh anyways- You, Clem and AJ will drive the rest of the duration to the beach, meeting up with friends along the way and going with them.

• "hey guys," Clementine grinned brightly, literally being the most chipper morning person to ever exist. "Good morning."
You wave tiredly, whilst AJ hops up onto a stool excitedly. "Pancakes please!" He hums.
Clem nods, looking over to you next; you shrug, "Ah why not, I'll have the same" and with that, the brunette poured pancake mixture into a pan, a batch for AJ first.
• "could Disco Broccoli have some too?"
You peer over at AJ with a grin.
"Sure buddy!" Clementine cheerfully replied back, turning on the little box tv. And sure enough- a certain Broccoli mascot appeared on the screen. AJ's eyes immediately shone with glee. "Aw man! This is the new episode I was telling you about"
• You couldn't help but chuckle at his infectious enthusiasm.

You notice he's wearing pjs to match.
A smile brought to your face just as Clementine placed a plate for AJ and you. "Anddd, a small serving of pancakes for Mr. Disco Broccoli here" she placed a smaller plate in front of the action figure. You ponder for a moment if he was actually alive- just like the toys were in the series of movies 'Toy Story'. It'd be pretty cool.,
But you fully admit that you would run out the front door if you saw something come to life when it just shouldn't be possible. You remember having nightmares, fearing that your toys would come to life and commence some sort of sacrifice.

Um-
Yeah.

You had an interesting imagination as a child.
We'll just leave it at that.

You focus your attention on your freshly cooked pancakes and begin to dig in, the satisfying feeling of eating after having an empty stomach for so long was simply euphoric. Er- maybe you're just a major foodie.
And you're definitely not complaining.
However, even though you just scoffed food down your gob, the same weird, icky and unsettling feeling in your tummy hung around annoyingly. You were beginning to grow concerned.

But denial and idiocy still had its full control over you.

"Clem, Y/n! Look!" AJ beamed, Pointing eagerly to the old tvs screen. Both your attention were caught, watching eagerly alongside the excited boy. "Ah, that's his new song isn't it?" You pipe up, leaning on one hand with interest. AJ turns briefly to give a toothy grin- "Yep! It's so awesome!"

Clementine chuckles, "ok ok. We'll have more time for that later- now we better start getting ready for our mini road trip."
Immediately, AJ wasn't a fan of that idea. He rolls his eyes, "we still have an hour!"
"Yes, but by the time you decide on an outfit and are out the door, it'll already be close to an hour" Clem reasons, a brow raised. He still didn't seem convinced.
You rest a hand on a slightly agitated AJ- "hey, maybe if we get ready then you can re-watch Frozen 2 in the car" you offer enthusiastically.
The boy slumped, giving in. "Fine. But only because it's a good movie!" And with that, he hops off the stool, not failing to forget his Disco Broccoli action figure before skipping up the stairs eagerly.