Ch 19: New girl, PT. 3

< Imagine: You had a gruesome fight. But it all lead to you not remembering much.
This guy seems familiar though?

•••

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

those words hit Louis like a ton of bricks. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. No... she must be joking right? There's no way she could've lost her memory. At least that's what Louis was telling himself. He was pleading with everything he had for this all to be a bad dream.
• his breathes quickened as he stared at the confused girl in front of him. The girl his heart and complete trust belonged to...
• she was battered with bandages from the fight and it saddened Louis greatly. But even worse was you uttering those words he thought he'd never hear from you- 'who are you?'.
• surely this was another prank! A cruel one at that. But the look on your face said everything.. you were being sincere about having no clue who Louis was.
• the male started to freak out on the spot. 'I-I've lost her...'

"Excuse me.. uh sir? Are you okay??" She asks, stepping closer with worry written on her face.
No.. nothings okay. Not now...
Beads of sweat collected in his forehead as he trembled.
He toppled to the floor exhaustedly and convulsed- his voice cracking and chanting, 'bring her back!'
• "what can I do to help?" She asked awkwardly at the male on the ground.
"Remember something.. anything" Louis looks up into her gaze, pleadingly.
You think as hard as you can, but you literally don't ever recall meeting this guy before.
• "Louis.. I don't know what to do.." you mumble sadly, kneeling to the floor in front of him. 'Louis... I know that name' you think quickly to yourself.
He immediately shot up with a gasp, "hey! That's my name! Do you remember anything else?"

You shake your head disappointedly, "no.. but I know for sure your name is Louis"
He looks confused at you, "how?" His lips read.
You shrug, "I'm not sure.. I just.. know"
Louis ponders but sits up, holding your shoulders and shaking you slightly. "That's okay! That's okay..." he's starting to sound a bit crazy... you have the urge to fling his hands off you and run for your life.
"Do you remember this?" He eagerly asks, breaking you away from your thoughts.
You squint your eyes at a nicely made bracelet. It surged a feeling of nostalgia within you. You squint at the object questingly, "it looks like something I've seen before.." you meekly admit.
Louis' face immediately lights up with glee, "Yes! That's good!! Do you know how I got it??" He shoots yet another question your way.

You hesitated. But found an answer. "Someone made it for you?" You take a wild guess.
And Louis nods enthusiastically in response.
"Look closer." His prodded the bracelet into your small palms. It felt so light and smooth, but what caught your attention the most.. was the initials that are carved permanently on the wooden part of the bracelet. Your name + Louis. It's evidence to why you know his name now.. but confusion still takes a toll.
"What.. What is this?" You question carefully.
The male flashing you a sad smile- "you don't remember do you..." you shake your head at his words. "You made that for me a while back. It was an one month anniversary thing."

You stare wide eyed at him. 'One month anniversary?..'
Louis seemed to read your mind as he curls your hands around the small object delicately, holding his hands on top of your's. "We uh... we're dating" a blush spread out on his face when he says this.
"I..." You begin but couldn't finish the sentence. "I know. Alot of information to take in.." Louis whispers, a tear streaming down his reddened cheek.
You stare into Louis' hazel-brown eyes, a slither of familiarity consumed them.
Your own eyes narrow, searching for anything more...
His eyes....... I've seen them before

"L-Louis?" You croak. Your voice suddenly raspy from the crying you didn't realise you were doing.
You grab onto his forearms and feel around- the strong structure of his limbs lay beneath your touch.
His hands catch onto yours again, giving them a little squeeze.
"I'm right here" Louis assures. A brittle smile concealing the hurt and pain of his features.
"Say something.. please" he begs, shakily cupping your cheek. This however you didn't back away- instead you leaned into his touch curiously. Almost experimentally.

A spark of memories start to hit you.
But you couldn't describe them into words..
"Louis... tell me something you would've told the other me." You explain, hoping this idea works.
This guys seemed like he genuinely cares for me... but I can't place my finger on how I know this guy
Louis thinks hard, his eyebrows knitting together as he skimmed through everything he would tell you previously- but he knew he had to choose something that would bring you back.. something that holds great value.. like-
"I.. love you." He nervously spoke. Watching closely at your reaction.

A jolt of realisation crashed upon you. He's told me that before...
Waves of memories crashed into your mind, you witness everything that has happened between you and Louis. So he really is my soulmate
"My darling. Please if you're in there.. hear me out" Louis murmured briskly. Your eyes widen to their capacity.
"Louis!" You yell unintentionally. Causing the male to jump but he still held on to you.
"I love you too.."
His face stares shocked. "You-

"I remember Louis... you did it. I remember you" you cut him off, smiling giddily.
Things were still blurry and out of reach but.. at least you can somewhat track your relationship with Louis.
He gasps and trembles- tears escaping his eyes once again.
His arms suddenly flung around you and hugged so tightly like his life depended on it.
"Oh thank god!" He kept repeating fastly. Stroking your hair and burrowing his head in the crook of your neck.

How did I remember so fast and easily?
After at least 25 minutes, Louis pulls away reluctantly. A goofy smile painting his expression. You couldn't help but return the same smile. Louis holds you hands yet again in his much larger ones.
"Welcome back. My darling.~"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Next chapter is going to be, suggestions. Also- comment here if you want another part of this mini series.
I know this chapter wasn't so eventful, sorry.. 😅