1. Officer Friendly

"Hey you. dumbass." Glenn continues, "Yeah, you in the tank. Cozy in there?" Glenn finishes as we both look at the tank just outside of our alleyway. I wince as I see more and more walkers begin to surround the tank.

I would not want to be him right now.

After no response from the man in the tank I begin to get impatient and slightly irritable. Glenn and I could just leave right now and not have to worry about saving a guy's life who might get us all killed. But I knew Glenn wouldn't leave.

He's too nice for that.

I bring the Walkie-talkie towards my mouth, "Hey, are you alive in there?" I ask, the irritation evident in my voice. I look at Glenn and he furrows his eyebrows at me as he clearly noticed the irritation. I shake my head and bring my attention back towards the tank.

Glenn and I have gotten pretty close during our time in camp together and have known eachother from the start so Glenn can pretty much easily tell when I am not very happy  and right now was one of those times.

"Hello, Hello?" A muffled voice says from the Walkie-talkie, making me relax just a little bit. "There you are." Glenn says, relief evident in his voice. "You had me wondering."

"Where are you outside? Can you see me right now?" The man asks frantically.

Glenn looks back towards the tank, "Yeah, we can see you. You're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news." Glenn says, causing me to look at him, my eyes widening. "Why would you say that there was bad news, now he's gonna think that there's good news." This causes Glenn to purse his lips together as he realizes that I'm right.

"There good news?" We hear from the Walkie-talkie, this time the man sounds a little more hopeful. I grab the Walkie-talkie before Glenn can say anything more,

"No." I say shortly.

"Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you I'm a little concerned here." The man says, his voice shaky just slightly.

"You should see it from over here. Let's just say you'd be having a major freak-out." I wince slightly as I just realized what I said, which is probably not making him feel any better.

"Got any advice for me?"

"Yeah, I'd say make a run for it."

There's a slight pause in the conversation, "That's it? Make a run for it?" I can hear the mocking tone in his voice which causes me to roll my eyes. Before I can say anything stupid Glenn takes the Walkie-talkie back from me.

"Her ways not as dumb as it sounds, you got eyes from the outside here," Glenn continues, "There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down."

Glenn pauses, "You with me so far?"

"So far." The man assures.

"Okay, the street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you move now while they are distracted, you stand a chance." Glenn finishes causing me to grab the Walkie-talkie from him.

"You got ammo on you?" I ask, my eyes resting on the geek on top of the tank.

"In that duffel bag I dropped out there, and guns can I get to it?" He asks after a moment of silence. I contemplate on my answer for a second before responding.

"Forget the bag, okay? It's not an option, what do you have on you?" I say. I look at Glenn for confirmation that I made the right choice and Glenn just nods, sending me a slight smile. I quickly send him one back before looking back at the tank.