So, when Lily offered for them, Mark and her, to go back to Canada and stay at her sister's until the waters have calmed -as her sister suggested- he didn't disagree. On the other hand he gladly agreed, hoping that it would help Mark to think and prevent him to do anything stupid to ruin the wedding as it was needed.

Taeyong himself would have loved to disappear somewhere too and relax away from all the problems his family and the world provided him but he knew he, atleast, had to stay there to support their mother because after all, she didn't want that either.

She was forced into it. So that the family business would survive.

The board of directors believed that Taeyong was still too young and immature to take over the family business so they suggested for her to marry her brother in law, adding on that it would be also good for the family itself because that would mean that Mark would still have a father figure since he was just fifteen at the time. Their mother agreed hoping that it would actually help in both ways.

But it looked like that plan was scattered the moment Mark announced he was planning on going back to Canada. Their mum tried to be reasonable and understand the boy and let him be, knowing that his girlfriend, Lily, and her sister would take good care of him.

But what she didn't expect is them returning after three years.

When Mark and Lily came back, Taeyong already took over the business, finally, becoming the CEO and Mark was happy about that. He was proud to say the least.

But what he didn't expect was that their uncle was still their step-dad. He thought that after Taeyong took over the company, their mother would divorce the man but he was proven wrong.

Mark really held himself back for the sake of their mother and started calling the man 'father'.

Months passed by serenely with no trouble and Mark's eighteenth birthday was approaching. It was time for him to follow the family traditions just like his brother did. He had to choose his 'Follower'.

At first the teen thought that it would be really good to choose Jeno as his 'Follower' since he was quite good and cool minded while dealing with things. But after his mother actually explained what a 'Follower' should be, he accepted that Jeno wouldn't do.

A 'follower', according to family traditions, is someone who stays there by your side and helps you with anything and everything for the rest of their life until either they betray and die or become part of the family by marrying into it. Just like his mother.

Their mum was their dad's follower but the reason they did end up being a married couple is also because they truly loved each other, not like the relationship between their uncle and mum.

After taking in the information and having Lily tug along him most of the time, taking care of him and at occasions begging to be the follower, he gave into her request and chose her as his, because after all, he did really love the girl who was the same age as him.

Later, he got some 'Insiders' who mostly hid their identity unless really necessary. So in simple words the two brothers didn't really know whose 'Insider' was whose apart of their own ones but that didn't mean they didn't know or have a hint. Both of them knew, at least, the older ones.

Like Taeyong knew Johnny and Ten were on Mark's side for sure and he certainly could bet that the younger -and probably a bunch of other people- knew who his 'Follower', which he personally prefers to call lover as he is one, was and that Doyoung was on his side.

Just like him, they started things off easy and how they were supposed to be. Seeing if there was any problem in the company or rats laying around anywhere. But somewhere along the way that man changed it all.