Chapter 4

[Shawn's POV]

 I don't see Camila on sunday since we both have a lot of studying to do but we keep texting occasionally. I can't help but smile every time I get a text from her and Julia seems to notice when we're eating the chinese food she brought in for dinner.

 " Damn, Shawn! I knew you liked her but you can't even keep your eyes away from your phone. I never saw you like this with anyone before." Julia says taking a sip from her soda.

 " I honestly have no idea how you managed to find her." I say smiling at my phone.

 " Wow. I think I'll miss the 'I don't care' attitude you had towards girls." Brian says shocked.

 " What? I was never like that." I say defending myself.

 " You only had one girlfriend, and that was in high school. You only had hook ups since you started college and never gave a damn about any of them." Niall says.

 " Yeah, but they were only a few. I never said I didn't want a girlfriend, I just never really saw myself dating any of those girls."

 " So you're saying you can see yourself dating Camila?" Julia asks excited.

 " I honestly can picture myself being with her for a long time. We've only known each other for three days but I feel like we have this crazy connection." I say as I eat my food. " Oh my god, am I going insane?"

 They all laugh at me and I feel that deep down I am really going insane, but maybe that's not a bad thing after all.

 The next few days Camila and I keep texting all the time, and since her shift finishes half an hour before mine she makes a habit to pass by the cafe to see me. Even with all the studying both of us have to do we still manage to see each other, so now I find myself a couple of weeks later in her living room as we drink wine and talk about life.

 " I can't believe you never took a bus." She says shocked.

 " Privileges of having rich parents I guess." 

 " Not even after your dad cut you off?" She asks still not believing me.

 " I already had my car by then." I tell her.

 " We have to change that." She says in a determined tone of voice. " I have to go downtown next week to buy some materials for my paintings and you're coming with me. You have to wake up for the real world."

 As we keep talking we find ourselves somehow talking about our last relationships. I thought this would be awkward since we never discussed what we are, but somehow we're very comfortable with each other as we talk about it.

 " I actually only had one girlfriend, back in high school. I never really dated anyone since I started college, just some random hookups." I say looking into her eyes and feeling a little dazed because of the entire bottle of wine we drank.

 " I'm not that different. I only had two boyfriends, one in high school and the other one after I came here. But I also hooked up with some guys in between, I even hooked up with a couple of guys after Matt but it was awful." She says before drinking the rest of the wine that's on her glass.

 " Is it too straightforward to ask how many guys you slept with? I'm just curious." I say with some hesitation. I don't want her to feel offended but I guess the wine made me brave enough to ask.

 " Not at all, I don't mind. But you go first." She says with confidence.

 " Five." I say waiting for her reaction.

 " Okay, now I'm definitely not telling you." 

 " What? No, you promised."

 She thinks for awhile before saying anything and when I think she decided not to tell me she looks at me.