Chapter 1

[Shawn's POV]

 "Come on, Shawn! Just give it a chance." Julia says trying to convince me.

 " You know I hate blind dates, they're always the worst." I tell her remembering all the times she tried to set me up.

 " But this is different. She's perfect for you, I just know it. And besides that, I already told her you're going."

 I groan in frustration. Julia just can't accept that I don't have a girlfriend so she's always convincing me to go on dates with random girls. Last time it was her cousin who just moved into the city, now it's this girl she met in one of her classes.

 Julia is one of my best friends. We met because she started dating Niall, my roommate, who is also one of my best friends. I share an apartment just outside college campus with Niall and Brian, while Julia lives on campus with her roommate Alessia, who eventually became part of the group as well.

 " Fine, I'll go. But this is the last time." I tell her in a serious tone.

 She jumps from her seat on the couch and comes to the kitchen to hug me.

 " You won't regret it, Shawn!" She says excited.

 " That's what you said last time." I tell her.

 " What's with the hugging? I thought your birthday was last month." Niall says entering the apartment.

 " She just convinced me to go on another date."

 " Again? Dude, why do you keep falling for this?" Niall asks receiving a dirty look from Julia. He gives her a kiss and go to his bedroom.

 " When is this date again?" I ask her.

 " Tomorrow night. You're picking her up on campus at 8 p.m." She says very excited.

 " What's her name? I don't want to mess that up like the last time." I say remembering how I called her cousin Laura when her actual name was Jessica. I admit that was my fault, but we didn't get along anyways.

 " Her name is Camila. Like I said she's an arts major, we're taking this optional Shakespeare class together." She says before following Niall to his room.

 At least this time we may have something in common. I'm a music major, so is more likely that we have similar likings. Julia is a theater major but for some reason keeps setting me up with these premed girls. Niall is also a music major, that's how we met in our first year at college. Brian, on the other hand, is a business major but we know each other since we were kids. Alessia is an english literature major, which means she's also taking this class with Julia and she agrees that Camila and I are going to be a great match.

 I finish washing the dishes and leave for my afternoon shift that I'm already late for. I work at this cafe next to campus since my second year on college. This is my last year, which means I graduate in a year, but since a music degree doesn't guarantee you much I'll probably keep working at the cafe for awhile.

 " You're ten minutes late again, Mendes." Troye tells me when I enter the cafe.

 " Sorry, please don't tell Taylor."

 " You're lucky she likes you, if it was me I'd have been fired by now." He says with an annoyed expression on his face.

 Taylor is the cafe manager and I have to admit I'm her favorite employee. But that's not random, I'm way more nice with the clients than the others. Troye is always looking at the clients like he's about to murder someone and the other girls are not so different.

 I'm about to go take an order from a desk when I bump into someone. I feel something hot, that I believe it's coffee, spill on my shirt. When I look down I see a tiny brunette with an empty cup of coffee looking at me.