Chapter 2

[Shawn's POV]

 I'm just outside Camila's building hoping Julia is right about this date. I'm looking through my phone when I hear someone open the door next to me.

 " You must be Shawn. I'm Camila." I hear a girl say. 

 I turn around to look at her and I see the last thing I expected. It's the girl from yesterday who spilled coffee on me. She looks even more gorgeous if that's possible.

 " Hi, I'm Shawn. Didn't we met briefly yesterday?" I ask her extending my hand for her to shake.

 " Yeah. That was me. I'm still sorry about your shirt." She says shaking my hand and laughing a little.

 She has this beautiful dark brown long hair that matches her eyes and is wearing a yellow floral dress that hugs her body in all the right places. She barely reaches my shoulders but that only makes her cuter.

 "I had no idea where you would like to go so I made reservations in this italian restaurant downtown." I tell her hoping I made the right call.

 " That sounds amazing. " She says while we walk to my car.

 I open the passenger door for her then go to the driver seat. I turn the car on and the radio starts to play 'Every little thing she does is magic' by The Police.

 " I love this song. " She says and starts singing along. 

 " You're voice is amazing. If I didn't know I would think you're a music major." I say a little surprised by her voice.

 " Thanks." She says and even in the dark I notice she's blushing. " So, are you and Julia good friends?"

 " Yes, she's dating my roommate. That's how we met but we became friends pretty fast." I say as we stop in a red light. " She told me you're an arts major. That's pretty cool. What type of art do you do?"

 " I mostly paint. Even though I like drawing as well, painting is my passion." She says smiling.

 " I'd love to see one of your paintings one day."

 " Sure. What about you? Julia told me you're a music major. Do you sing?"

 " Yeah, I do sing. I also play guitar but I think my true passion is playing the piano." 

 " I always wanted to learn how to play piano, it's so beautiful." She says and it makes me so happy that we're talking so naturally even before arriving at the restaurant.

 " I could teach you, if you'd like to." I say parking the car just outside the restaurant.

 " That would be great." She says as we both open our doors to go out.

 We make our way to the restaurant and I open the door for her to get in. She smiles at me and mouths a 'thank you' as she gets inside and I follow behind her.

 " Good evening! Do you have reservations?" A girl who's standing next to the door asks as we get in.

 " Good evening! Reservation for two in the name of Shawn Mendes." I tell her.

 She nods and checks a laptop in a desk next to her, making a sign for us to follow her no longer after. She indicates us a table for two in the corner and we both take our sits as she handles us the menu.

 " This looks fancy. I hope it's not too expensive." Camila says with a worried expression.

 " Julia's father is the chef in here. I always eat here for free, so we're not paying for a thing." I normally wouldn't say that but there's something about her that makes me feel really comfortable to say anything.