16

Pic of Dani
(present)

I grunted and stirred as I slowly began to wake up.

I was very disoriented considering I didn't know what time of the day it was, or how I got to bed. I realized I was in the guest room, so that wasn't a new development. But when I turned to find David sleeping beside me, I was confused all over again.

Why would he sleep here after I made a whole point of leaving our room? He appeared super exhausted, but that didn't stop me from shaking him awake.

"Hm?" He answered, half awake. "I'm up, what's wrong? Is someone dying?"

"Did something happen?" I asked, making my way off the bed.

He rubbed his eyes and blinked a couple times. "No, you were drunk."

"What? But I'm not hungover. Wait, I don't even drink!"

"That's what I said." His eyes closed and I sighed, walking out of the room.

Me? Drunk?

I came to a stop near the kitchen when it started to come back to me. I remembered going to pick up a regretfully expensive bottle of tequila and taking it to Lucas's house. Of course, I couldn't recall what happened afterward so that basically told me all I needed to know.

Damn it. David and I planned to have a talk with Dawn last night and I got wasted instead. I rubbed my forehead. What the hell was wrong with me?

"Ah, look who's alert."

I turned around to see Dani walking by in a comfy robe, fluffy slippers, and a mug in her hand. I could easily tell she was teasing me about my apparent drunkenness.

"Please tell me Royce and Dawn didn't see me wasted beyond recognition last night."

"They didn't. David made sure of it by staying by your side."

I slowly nodded. "So that's why he was asleep beside me."

She frowned, walking past me toward the kitchen. "Uhh and because he wanted to make sure you were okay?"

Sighing, I followed her. "How was yesterday? At the aquarium."

"They loved it. They got to touch some of the animals and play games. Athena tagged along for the food, no surprise there."

"Yeah well she doesn't gain an ounce of weight despite eating like a giant so I don't blame her. I do the same."

"I don't have that luxury," she lamented, brewing some coffee.

"Good morning."

I looked toward the entrance of the kitchen and saw Kealen in a loose white shirt and pajama pants. I raised my eyebrows.

"Morning Kee," I acknowledged before giving Dani a suspicious look. "Making babies again?"

"Har har," she sarcastically smiled.

"No, nothing like that," Kee responded to me with a laugh, heading to the stove. "I make breakfast?"

"It's 'I will' make breakfast," I corrected him.

"Damn Casper, your job made you an asshole." Dani chuckled.

"What? He told me if he ever said something wrong I should correct him."

"And he never fails to," Kee joked as the two laughed. "But it is how I learn. I will make breakfast. Yes?"

I made the 'ok' symbol with my hand. "Perfect. Thanks. I'm gonna freshen up."