1

READ CAMPUS CRUSH BOOKS FIRST.

PROLOGUE.

"Rounds began at seven in the morning.

A team of interns, a resident which was me, and an attending visited a specific group of hospital rooms to discuss medical care with each of the patients. At some point that day, there was a short conference and then there was lunch. As usual, I took that time to talk with my co-workers who, as you know, have become some of my closest friends. I also called you, just to check up on you and our babies. See how your day was going, and... just to hear your voice. Knowing how much you struggled with speech after your surgery, hearing you speak means the world to me every single day."

"Don't bring my tumor, my surgery, or my recovery into this, Casper."

I looked down at my clasped hands, watching as a tear dropped onto my thumb. I swallowed before lifting my head again, focusing my attention on my husband who sat in the chair across from mine.

I continued. "After lunch, new patients are admitted to our team. Nothing was out of the ordinary, just another day of the same old routine. Until it wasn't a routine, I guess."

"Until you cheated, you mean." There was pain in his eyes, and even with all the hurt he was feeling, his tone was patient. I never thought I'd cause the love of my life pain no matter how innocent I thought I was.

I closed my eyes, shaking my head. "I didn't cheat," I maintained with an unsteady breath.

David heaved a sigh and sat back in his chair, trying to push away his frustration. "I've never had a reason to doubt you. Not once. I know you have a tough time sharing all your thoughts, and I accept that. But you've never blatantly lied to me."

"And I never will," I reassured.

"So, that's what your story's going to be? That you didn't cheat on me."

"I didn't."

"I wanna hear the rest of it. Every detail, and I want the truth. Then I'll decide if you cheated."

*********

Hi everyone! Okay so even though this is the prologue, I'll have it marked as chapter 1 so that I'm not confused when I start a new page. Chapter 2 is next.

DISCLAIMER
I'm in college to become a neuro-psychologist. There will be a fair amount of medical stuff but I'm clearly no expert. I'll strive to make it believable and enjoyable!