Chapter 21

I finished explaining the day's events to Haruki. When I finish talking, an uncomfortable silence settles between us. However, she didn't seem to be phased by it.

Haruhi begins squealing, surprising me. She tackles me in a hug, rubbing her face against my own. "My little Y/n is growing up."

"G-get...get off of me." I manage to say, trying to push her off of me. It's surprising how strong she is.

She finally lets me go. Standing up, she straightens her dress and says, "Dinner will be ready soon. Your mother is busy with work and won't be able to make it. She hopes you'll understand."

I nod my head in response. Without another word, Haruki leaves the room.

After dinner, I find myself in bed lost in thought. Thinking of Shouto, I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

I wake up to the smell of what I could only guess was my favorite breakfast food. I smile appears on my face, "Thank you Haruki." I sing as I get out of bed. 

After getting ready for the day, I leave my room. "Today's gonna be great, I can already tell," I say to myself. My smile never faltering.

Once I finish eating I decide to go for a walk. I pul on a jacket as I step out of my front door.

The route I took made a large circle and passed by my favorite café. When I came to the café I made sure to grab a drink and a pastry to snack on during the walk home.

I throw out the empty cup and bag from my previous purchase. I begin to skip noticing that my house was near.

A man, taller than me, appeared out of the alleyway before me. His spikey black hair blew slightly in the wind as he turns toward me and leans against a wall. I attempt to walk past him, but a scarred hand appears in from of my face, stopping me from proceeding. I turn to look at the man's face. I notice his scar runs up his arm and disappears behind the t-shirt length sleeves of his long black coat cuffed with silver. The scar reappears above his chest and his loose white shirt. It continues up, passing his neck and stopping blow his mouth, it stretches up to his ears as well. Two more scars rest below his piercing blue eyes.

"If you don't mind," He begins, lowering his hand. "I'm gonna take you with me." He takes my hand and drags me into a swirling portal.