Chapter 3

I enjoy hanging out with Shouto much more than I thought I would. Maybe it's because I'm just not used to having a friend. We talked about our interest and about our school, though I leave out the bullying part. We actually have quite a lot in common.

UA sounds amazing. I can only dream of being able to such a prestigious school's hero course.

"Y/n." Shouto spoke.

"Yes?" I answered.

"I can walk you home."

"No, it's ok. I can go alone." I would prefer if he didn't know who my mother is

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Then, let me invite you to join me in going to the mall next weekend?"

Is he asking me on a date?! No way.

"That sounds fun. I'll come. When and where?"

Shouto pulls something out of his jacket pocket and holds it out to me. "Here's my phone. Put in your number and I'll get back to you on the details."

"Uh, sure," I say as I take his phone. I put in my contact and hand it back to him.

"Um, I should get going now." I stand up and smile at him. "I'll see around."

"Bye." He waves. I wave back as I head to the door.

I step out the door of the coffee shop and am met with a blast of cold air. I shiver before tightening the scarf around my neck. It's been getting colder lately. Hopefully, it'll start to warm up soon.

The walk home was quiet, though, something felt off. Almost as if there were a pair of eyes on me. I hurry to get home, afraid something might happen.

I step into my house and quickly make my way to my room. As soon as I place my bag on my desk, my phone rings, telling me I got a text.

I pick up my phone to see a chat request. 

>Shouto has joined the chat<

 >(Y/N) has joined the chat<

Did you get home safely?

I did

Thanks for asking

That's good

I'll see you tomorrow

Goodnight

Goodnight

"Wow! He even sent a goodnight text!" I say excitedly. "I guess that's probably normal between friends." I continue. "Still no one but the maids have ever said goodnight to!" Just a simple goodnight text, yet I'm overjoyed.

Ok, focus y/n. I need to get my homework done. I think to myself in an attempt to calm myself down. I get started on my homework and sigh. It's as boring as ever.

After finishing my homework and getting ready for bed, I only had one thing on my mind as I fell asleep.

Shouto.