Chapter 10

"Do you happen to know Toshinori?" I ask Shouto. "I'm sorry. I don't know who that is." He answers. "Oh, I guess he's known as All Might. I believe he teaches at UA now." I explain to him. "I do know him, he is one of my teachers." He says. "Perfect. You wouldn't mind relaying a message to him for me, right?" I ask. "Sure." He responds.

"Tell him he's invited to join me and my mother for dinner. I will send you my address. You can join if you want." I say.

"You should get to school. I'll head home." I tell him. "I can walk you home. Or I can stay with you for the rest of the day, we can even go back to my house." He offers. "You can't miss any more school. Don't let me distract you from being the number one hero." I smile as I reach up and pat his head. 

"I only want to be your hero." My face turns red at his words. "I-I, I'll get going now. B-bye." I say quickly before running off.

"My hero?" I mumble to myself as I make my way back home. "I wonder what he meant by that."

I make it home rather quickly. Walking into the house I notice my mother standing at the top of the stairs. She looked beyond pissed. 

"I heard you were expelled for punching a girl." She begins. "And if you don't mind telling me about this UA boy." She says harshly. 

"She's been tormenting me since grade school, she had it coming for her. And forget about the  boy." I tell her, never meeting her eye.

"For my mistake of a daughter to be running around with a wannabe hero, I think I should know." She says, making her way down the stairs. 

"He isn't a wannabe hero. He's strong. Much stronger than you could ever be. I know he is going to be at the top." I argue, finally meeting her eyes. "And I'm not a mistake," I mumble, looking down at my feet. 

"Nevermind him." She begins, rolling her eyes. "What did you just say?" She asks. Her eyes spelled danger.

"I'm not a mistake," I repeated, my voice barely above a whisper. 

"I can't hear you Y/n." Her voice a taunting growl.

"I said, I'm not a mistake! I'm stronger than you think!" I yell. 

"Oh really! Prove it!" She yells back. "Take me on, I'll even go easy on you and not use my quirk." Her voice now calm.

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes, before getting into my fighting stance. My chances of winning against her are slim, but if I could just beat her, would she finally acknowledge me?