Chapter 14

After talking to Toshinori about UA, my mother and I bid him goodnight and got ourselves ready for bed.

The next morning I woke at 10. I did my daily routine, taking more time than I usually would to complete each task since it was the weekend. I wear a simple blue hoodie and black ripped jeans.

At 12:30 I walk downstairs to find my mother. I find her talking to a maid in her office.

"I'm going to the mall today. May I use the car?" I ask her once she finishes talking to the maid. "Yes, of course, Sweetie. Are you meeting that Todoroki boy?" She asks. "Yes," I respond shortly. "I'll be leaving now." I leave her office and head to the front door.

The car sits at the bottom of the stairs that lead to the front door. The driver stood waiting for me, holding the door of the backseat open. I got in feeling a little awkward. This is the first time she let me use the car alone. I give the driver the address of the mall and wait in silence as I'm driven to the mall.

I thank the driver as I leave the car. I walk to the water fountain in the middle of the courtyard and wait for Shouto.

"Y/n." A voice calls from my right. I turn to meet eyes with Shouto. He's wearing a long beige trench coat over a grey hoodie, red cuffed jeans, and blue high tops. "Hey." I jog over to him. Before he could respond I'm tackled into a hug.

"You're Y/n! I've heard so much about you! You're so pretty!" A girl with pink hair, pink skin, and yellow horns had her hands on both sides of my face. "W-who are you?" I stutter, embarrassed.

"Sorry, I'm Ashido Mina, just call me Mina." She introduces herself, smiling excitedly. "Hello," I say quietly. "I'm Hagakure Toru." A girl's voice introduced, yet all I saw was floating female clothes. "Hi?" My greeting sounded more like a question. "My quirk is invisibility." The voice explained. "Oh," I say in understanding.

A few more boys and girls walk up to me, forming a circle around me. I quickly became overwhelmed with the number of people. I'm not used to this many people being so nice to me. One by one they began to introduce themselves and the others in the class who didn't come up to me.

I hear a creepy laugh come from in front of me. I look down and see a short boy with purple balls on his head. He was drooling as he was checking me out. I shiver as I step away from him.

A hand grabs my arm and pulls me towards them. Shoto's arm rests on my shoulder, holding me close to him. "You're making her uncomfortable." He speaks. "I'm sorry, I'm really not used to having so much attention," I explain. "We're sorry as well. I'm sure we overwhelmed you, crowding around you as we did." A green-haired boy, Izuku, apologizes.

"Now that we're all here...Time to go shopping!" Mina exclaims, taking my hand and dragging me away from Shouto.