Chapter 27: Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Beacon Hills

12 years later...

EXCERPT FROM APPLICATION FOR STATE DOCUMENT

To Whom It May Concern,

This letter is a request for the State of California to recognize to recognize the Native American tribe known as the Aeiwa by the government of the United States. In accordance with the Native American Graves and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA), the government officials for the city of Beacon Hills would like to recognize that the area, surrounding the woods and mountains of Beacon Canyon to be returned to the Aeiwa and be recognized as an independent society separated by the town residents.

In addition, the town officials would like to apologize for their ancestors claim to the land and wish to return all natural resources including the gold mines that were extracted by force by the Beacon Hills forefathers during the gold rush of the 1850's. All cultural items removed by the town shall be returned in order to preserve and maintain good relations between the residents and the tribe.

Beacon Hills would also like to work with the tribal leaders in order in full cooperation to strengthen both the town and reservation communication. We would like to ensure the safety and welfare of the tribe and submit this application for recognition. Please contact our department for any further inquiries.

Sincerely,

Sheriff Stiles Argent

Beacon Hills Law Enforcement/Town Ambassador

Sheriff Stiles Argent drove his squad car down the half-moon rock where the rural road still existed. Rumors had surfaced that members of the Aeiwa tribe had returned and he wanted to see for himself.

Pulling into the lake, he noticed the construction of cabins, trailers, and agricultural farm structures being built as he pulled into the main building.

Standing on the roof of the cabin, he remembered him.

Strong virile muscle displayed in every perfect line of symmetry that connected to the six-pack abdomen that showcased his shirtless body. Tight blue jeans hugged his hips and he placed his hands on his hips to see the police car approaching. Scratching the dark beard that he now sported, the green-eyed Spirit Wolf watched curiously as the town sheriff got out of the car.

Derek's heartbeat pulsed rapidly. The brown-eyed man had not changed in over twelve years. His innocent baby face still illuminated a vibrant glow as his brown hair grew longer and fashionable. Stiles appeared taller than when he last remembered him.

The Spirit Wolf admired the young boy that now had become a man as the sheriff filled every pore of his uniform with athletic physical perfection. Seeing their tribal shaman, Adrian Harris, coming out of the cabin, the aningan climbed the ladder down to join them.

"Adrian Harris?" Stiles extended his hand. "I sent a letter to you about a meeting?"

The tribal shaman happily shook the law enforcement officer's hand. Except for few gray hairs and crow's feet, the former history teacher still looked the same.

"Oh yes," replied the shaman. "I'm very much interested in working with the town on tribal relations."

A bearded Derek approached as Adrian directed his focus to introduce the law enforcement figure.

"Sheriff Argent," said the tribal leader. "This is our leader, Derek Hale. Derek, this is Sheriff Stiles Argent."

"Please to meet you," Derek smiled taking his hand. Stiles was surprised by how personable the Spirit Wolf and become. Normally, he was all brooding.