Chapter 19: I Know You're a Werewolf! Rwwr!

Victoria Argent sat in the bleachers putting on a brave front as she watched the hometown boys of Beacon Hills play the visiting team during the weekend lacrosse tournament. Her mind wandered to her missing her daughter but managed to retain her composure during this difficult time. Sitting next to her was her bald teen son, wearing a cotton beanie offering a hot cup of cocoa while a loud horn blasted from the announcement box.

"Extra marshmallows," said Stiles handing her a cup. "Just the way you like it."

"Thank you, sweetie," replied Victoria, trying to keep it together. Her eyes floated toward Lydia and the other cheerleaders who continued to get the crowd riled up. She counted the missing hole in the squad.

"Don't do that to yourself, Mom," Stiles advised. "We will find Allison. Dad and his friends haven't stopped looking. We need to still keep the faith." He put an arm around her.

"I know Stiles," she sighed. "I keep thinking she'll show up."

"We can only hope," he muttered.

The crowd stood up on the bleachers as soon as the hometown team arrived on the field. Stiles directed his focus to Danny who was wearing his goalie gear as he applauded louder than anyone else in his favor. It had been three days since Danny gave him an ultimatum and his soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend made good on his word of ignoring his phone calls and texts.

"By the way, I've noticed that you and Danny have been hanging out less and less," Victoria remarked. "Is something wrong?"

"We're working out a few kinks in our relationship," replied Stiles. "The normal communication stuff most couples go through."

"It'll all work out, sweetie," said his mother. "You too were made for each other. I can't think of anyone who is more perfect for my son."

Stiles had and he had green eyes, dark hair, and brooding personality. Not only that, the man could transform into a domesticated house pet. What is there not to love?

"And the ball is set!"

The announcement box declared. Stiles scanned the field to read Scott McCall's number 11 jersey. The Alpha demonstrated his skin-walker status as he caught the ball in his lacrosse stick and barreled over two rival players. The sickening sound of a broken leg echoed on the field while the other opponent was knocked out cold by Scott's superhuman strength. Dodging the rest of the players, Scott tossed the ball across the boundary line and launched it toward the goal net. Sure enough, it made contact securing the winning point.

The crowd cheered wildly. From atop the bleachers, Stiles looked at Danny who shook his head. The teenager knew the truth about his team captain and became unimpressed. Still, he played the charade well by getting his head in the game and not allowing the other team to score a goal.

Fifteen minutes later with a few of the rival team's player damaged by Scott's skin-walker abilities, the lacrosse goalie managed to signal to Stiles that the Alpha might be planning something.

Both boys could only theorize.

Casting a glance toward the shadows, Stiles saw the presence of the Spirit Wolf near the corner of the bleachers. Turning to his mother, the hazel eye teen came up with an excuse.

"Mom, I forgot my phone in the car," he told her. "I need to go and get it."

"You can use mine," Victoria offered him her cell.

"Thanks, but I have few contact numbers that I need to get," he lied. "I'll be back in a second."

"Don't take too long! You'll miss the winning goal!" She called out.