Chapter 16: I Don't Think Alpha Omega Beta is Resonating with Him!

"Okay -5 to the X squared and the degree of Y is one."

Stiles wracked his brain on polynomials for algebra class. Missing a few days of school did not account for making up the work that he had to finish by the end of week. "And the answer is that I'm hungry."

His stomach ensured that with its growling.

Heading downstairs, he caught his mother getting ready to go to work.

"It's ten o'clock at night, Mom," noted the teen. "I doubt that anyone wants to go shopping at the boutique at this hour."

"It's inventory night silly," Victoria Argent smiled. "As store manager, I need to pull a graveyard in preparation for the next season's shipments we're getting in. We don't want to order too much this year." Checking herself in the mirror, she kissed her son's shaved head. "There's still leftover pizza in the fridge, as well as lasagna. Your father is doing a late shift as usual and your sister's feeling a bit under the weather so please check on up her. Don't stay up too late, you still have school tomorrow."

"I won't," he said shoving his hands in his pockets. "Mom?"

"Hmmm?" Victoria turned her attention to her son.

"Do you think Dad's proud of me?"

The Argent matriarch sighed. Embracing her son tight, she smiled at him. "Of course, he is. Sure, he doesn't show it much but deep down he is, and he loves you, Stiles. The fact that you faced your bullies and are willing to beat this cancer are what keeps your father going. He can't be any prouder of the man you've become. Now that we've had this pep talk, I want you to stop worrying."

"I promise," he nodded. He waved goodbye his mother as she pulled out of the driveway. Heading into the kitchen, he heated a slice of pizza and munched on it while heading up the stairs to sister's room. Finding it closed, he knocked softly. "Allison?"

No response. He unlocked the door letting himself inside. As usual, her bed had been rumpled but no sign of Allison. Nervously, his hazel eyes focused on the window that had been left opened and he feared the worse.

Racing down the stairs, he rushed outside. A black jeep pulled around the corner to reveal Derek Hale behind the wheel. He did a U-turn and pulled alongside the young man.

"Get in!" Derek demanded.

"Sorry I don't get into a car with strangers," Stiles rolled his eyes.

The Spirit Wolf growled with his eyes glowing golden as a clawed hand dragged him by the shirt and yanked him inside the vehicle.

Thrown against the backseat, Stiles scrambled to feet as the jeep sped off. "You know you could've offered candy. Most strangers offer candy."

"Shut up Stiles!" Derek spat angrily. "I've been trailing Scott and it looks like his bond over your sister is progressing. I've watched her crawl out of her bedroom window from your house."

"You've been monitoring my house?" Stiles scowled. "Is this a new stalker thing you got going? You're not going to boil my bunny or attack me with a knife from the bathtub?"

"Stiles!"

"Okay, shutting up now!" The teen crouched down. "By the way, how are you going to find her?"

"I've picked up her scent as well as the skin-walker's," the Spirit Wolf remarked. "It's seems to be heading in the downtown area of Beacon Hills."

Speeding to the location, the black jeep came across an intersection of the business district of the town. Stiles eyes scanned the area before noticing the back of a dark-haired female racing toward an alleyway. Tapping Derek's shoulder, he pointed in the direction where his sister sprinted.