Epilogue.

"Guess what?" Jessica asks as she slides on to the bench, her braces on full display.

"What?" I ask eagerly, pushing my food to the side so that I could give Jessica my full attention.

"Nosy," Aliyah mutters under her breath and I give her a stern look.

"Can you not?" I ask with a sigh.

"Can I not what? Point out that you two are being nosy?" she asks adamantly as she takes a spoon from her fruit cup. I wrinkle my nose at that.

Aliyah's whole life has been set on healthy living. I like to call it torture. I mean, the girl hasn't eaten chocolate until she met me.

"It's not being nosy Aliyah, it's called being aware," Jessica says with a scoff and I give her a high five, earning an eye roll from Aliyah.

"I bet Chidimma begs to differ," Aliyah says quietly, earning a groan from Jessica and I.

"Can you please stop bringing her up?" I grumble.

"Yeah, Ayo and I were just trying to help," Jessica defends.

"Sure you were," Aliyah mutters. I know Aliyah is trying to look out for us but she's just a huge pain in the butt and I think she knows it.

"Jessica please talk before Aliyah makes me depressed," I say and Aliyah gives me a scowl which I return with my tongue.

"There's a new girl and no one and I mean no one knows anything about her," Jessica says.

"Well clearly they haven't met me. How come I'm hearing about this now?" I ask.

"She just came. It's weird but- hey there she is!" Jessica screams  pointing at the girl but Aliyah quickly shuts her down by covering her mouth and pushing her hand down.

"Jessica," she hisses earning a laugh from me. Jessica looks at Aliyah apologetically and with a sigh Aliyah lets go.

"Sorry but check her out. What do you think Ayo?" I look at the girl Jessica pointed out. She takes a seat at an empty table, crosses her leg and begins to eat what's on her tray.

She's a bit fair.

Her dark hair is in two braids, stopping on her shoulder.

Her uniform is fairly neat.

She seems calm.

Too calm.

"Seems weird if you ask me," I say with a shrug.

"That's not nice," Aliyah says and I shrug again.

"Well maybe we should get to know her," Jessica suggests with a smile, her deep dimples etched on her light skin.

"That's actually a great idea," Aliyah says as she adjusts her thick framed glasses.

"I agree. That way we get the gist before-"

"No way! She is not for gossip, Ayo. She needs a friend," Aliyah says with a stern look. I sigh at that.

Aliyah once again kills my vibe.

"Friends?" I ask with an unimpressed look.

"Yes. Won't it be nice to know someone other than us?" Aliyah asks with an arched eyebrow raised.

I hate that she can do that and I can't.

"I do know-"

"Those guys aren't your friends, Ayo. Knowing everyone in our set and many others in the other set does not make them your friends," Aliyah interrupts. I grumble and fold my arms.

"Um, so are we talking to her, are we not?" Jessica asks sheepishly.

Aliyah shrugs and glance at me. I sigh.

"Sure," I say as the bell for end of lunch rings.

"After school then. I gotta go, I need a good seat for ICT class," Jessica says as she stands.

"Does that good seat have to do with Michael?" I ask with a grin while Aliyah giggles.

"What? Noooo....," Jessica coughs out, her face as red as a tomato which makes us burst out laughing. Jessica grabs her things and runs out, mingling with crowd.

"Are you really serious? About the new girl, that is," Aliyah asks as we grab our things and begin to walk away.

I glance back at the new girl.

I wish I hadn't.

Her strange golden brown eyes bore into mine and I quickly look away.

"Um yeah. Sure," I say slowly.

I wish I didn't agree to this.

+++++++++++++

And that's the end of the story. Thank you for reading this book. I'm really happy I completed this book and hopefully I keep this motivation for my other books. I want to give a shout out to Yula348 and GreenPs.
Thank you both for your support throughout the book and your comments. They made my day.

Hopefully this is a start of a journey to better books so I hope you stick around.

Thank you for reading once again and stay safe :D