Part 16| The Essential Portent

VOTE... COMMENT... PLSSS...

Yo! So since hindi ako nakapag-update last week, here's my second update for this week. Hope you like it!

Happy reading!

~♤♡~

[Minela's POV]

"Minela!"

I stopped from running and looked back when I hear a familiar voice that screamed my name. I smiled naughtily.

"You better chase me now to exercise your joint, Helmina!" I shouted back to my nanny before I continue running inside the forest with a flashlight on my hand and a backpack.

"Minela, come back here! It's dangerous out there!" I heard another scream. But instead of listening, I double up my speed.

I'm tired of being just inside the Kang Mansion and training ground. I'm tired of getting beat up everyday because of my trainings. I'm tired of being train as the next Mafia boss. I'm tired of existing. I want to escape, but that's not the reason why I am here in the forest.

I went here to check if those newborn wolves I've seen here three days ago are still to the place where I've left them. I keep on running until I reached the end of the ground. Another steps and I'll see the spiky and elevated cliff, so I made my stop.

I looked at my right side where the cave is and where those newborn wolves are. I went here three days ago just to test my braveness and a little excuse of escaping to those responsibilities I am bear upon as Minela Kang, but I ended up entering that cave and saw them and forgot the reason why I entered the forest.

I also went here yesterday and the other previous days because I want get the opportunity to meet the mother, but I am always failing to do so.

I frowned as I entered the cave. "Hello?" my voice echoed and I heard rustles from the inner part of the cave after that.

Something's not right. The atmosphere here changed. "Is anybody ther-"

I was cut off when I focused the flashlight to the centre. My frown deepen as I tried to look to that thing clearly. "What's that?"

I walked near it with some refine steps. My eyes are still fixed to it and I almost run away when I saw a big wolf lying onto the ground while those newborn wolves are crying to its sides.

I stopped. "Should I come near it?" ...but what if it snatches me? Wolves are known as violent and aggressive. What if... you're waiting for this day, Minela. Now, come near it and check what's happening.

I sighed. "Fine,"

Slowly, I walked near them and I almost jumped into horror when I saw the big wolf looked at my direction. I caught my breath as I stopped my motion, but I was surpised that the big wolf returned its head from lying and heaved a deep sigh.

Once again, I frowned. "Why aren't you moving? Aren't you going to attack me...?"

I forced to stop my sentence as I saw lots of blood scattered around the area and it all came from the big wolf. What happened?