Part 28| The Lady

VOTE ... COMMENT ... PLSSS ...

Enjoy the content of today's chapter. I hope some of the scenarios here will make you smile or -I hope- laugh. So... happy reading!

~♤♡~

[Minela's POV]

Illustrating the room where we are right now, this is obviously smaller than the reception of the party itself since it was expected that there are only few attendees who are interested in the items that will be auction tonight. When I saw the master list of the bidders, halos wala pa sa one hundred ang mga ito. Though, kung tatanungin ako, mas gusto ko ang ambiance dito kaysa sa baba.

I've been dragged back to my cognizance when I heard Young Do's scornful voice while glaring with those men from afar. I did not actually catch whatever words he said because it was unfortunately in different language—Japanese to be exact, but I know he is annoyed with something I-don't-know.

What's making him sulky this time?

Business competitors?

Perhaps, intimidated?

Psh. That's impossible. Wala sa itsura at ugali nya ang ma-intimidate at mainis ng dahil lang sa isang simpleng bagay.

"Aren't you feeling... cold?" I heard the man in question asked.

Bahagya pa akong lumingon sa paligid at tinignan kung sino ang kinakausap nya kasi hindi naman sya nakatingin sa 'kin nung nagsalita sya. I just don't want to assume to his sudden question kaya hindi ko nalang 'to pinansin.

"Aren't we going to our seat?" I asked instead. My legs are getting sore already.

Young Do did not answer me. Instead, he removed his hand from holding mine, moved the bidder's paddle to his one hand to another as he takes off his coat, and put it on my shoulders. Amazed of what he did, I gave him a questioning look and was about to confront him with that when he snatches my hand again and began pulling me while still giving red-hot glare those poor men.

What has gotten him this time?

I slightly smiled. Sighting chairs in this kind of event is heaven for me. Young Do ushers me through our seat while holding the 'bidder's paddle' that the staffs gave us at the entrance. It's near the big auction block at front.

Oh, meron din naman palang pakinabang ang magaling kong kakambal sa arrangements na ginawa nya. I thought we will be seated somewhere far the stage, but I was wrong.

Finally!

I can sit already!

Obviously, the party of elites is the most tiring and boring one, because it's more on formal talking's, business related conversation, and... flirting while enduring your sore legs from standing the whole time. Technically, there are only few tables with chairs at the party, while the rest are already stand-up cocktail tables. That is one of the reasons why I don't usually attend formal parties.