Chapter 5

Here's a picture of Mavis:) Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Previously
"Mavis, I know that this will probably come as a shock to you. I understand if you hate me afterwards or don't believe me. I just have to let it out." He urgently relayed.

I waited until he was ready.

"Mavis, over the last couple days my wolf and I have gotten to know you. You're an amazingly strong and beautiful person... Someone who the goddess has thankfully chosen to be my mate."

I gasped.

"Jake.."

--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:--

"Jake.. I can't do this." I went to leave when Jake yanked me back into his arms and restrained me.

"Jake let me go!! I don't want to be here." I struggled to break free from his hold, but he was too strong and held firm.

"I'm not letting you go! YOU ARE MINE!" Jake yelled in my face. I could feel his wolf Ryder coming to the surface and I was becoming terrified of what that meant.

I cowered away from him and when he still wouldn't let up I slapped him. I couldn't stay here any longer. How could I have let myself become so blinded by him? Jake! The one who bullied and tormented me for years! He has to be lying.. This is some sick joke of his or something.

FLASH BACK
***

I was 11 years old at the time. It had been a year since the elder's death, and I was still struggling to learn how to survive with the torture and hate on a daily basis. Today was like any other.. The pack had gathered for another pack meeting, each member required to be present. I stood in the very back, listening to all the raised voices around me. It was unfortunate I couldn't see a single thing. Everything was black. I was fortunate sometimes to catch shapes or maybe a flash of color or light, but those were few and far in between. I waited on bated breath as Alpha Michael made his presence known on the platform in the middle of the courtyard and gathered everyone's attention. These pack meetings were very much similar each time. The Alpha would announce current news among the pack such as newfound mates or newborn children, then he would talk about the village's safety and news from the border patrolmen and other important information along those lines. However, today was different. Jake was turning 12 and he would be having his first shift. For males they usually shifted between the ages of 11 and 13. It was not uncommon for someone with alpha blood to shift at this particular age. Alpha Michael was very thorough with his speech. "My son, Jake, will be turning 12 in just 3 days time. Tomorrow we will celebrate his coming of age with a pack hunt for 2 days, and on his birthday, a grand celebration in honor of his change." On the day of the change, the pack would gather together for their member and watch as they shifted for the first time. Depending on their color and size, they would be given a certain role and or training to fit that position among the pack. For Jake, he would already know his position. His wolf would probably be fairly large with jet black fur. Black fur symbolizes a werewolf of great strength and power (usually an alpha), brown fur symbolizes a fighter, red a killer, white a sacred being with tremendous gifts and knowledge (usually a healer or council person), and silver for those who are cunning and quick. Those who are a mix are usually regular wolves with some similar traits to those with one color fur. I was not looking forward to this "Grand Celebration" at all. I would probably be expected to clean and make food and so much more.. While I was trapped in my thoughts Alpha Michael had already called the meeting to an end and most of the pack had dispersed back to their houses or duties. I heard footsteps approaching where I stood and couldn't help the deep intake of breath. The footsteps kept getting closer and closer, and soon several more pairs joined its approach. I tried to remain calm and stay still, but I was too nervous. Layla was unhappy with the dangerous situation and urged me to run and get away, but it was too late! A pair of strong muscular hands grabbed me by my arm and yanked me backwards. I slammed into a tree and lost my breath. My head was pounding and my heart was going a mile a minute. The figure Pushed me even harder against the tree to then wrap their hands around my throat. The air escaped my lungs and I began violently choking. I struggled and squirmed trying to break free of their vise like grip on my throat with no luck. I began to feel weak and my wolf's voice grew distant in the recesses of my mind as my body struggled to stay alive.. Finally the person let go of my throat and I fell to the ground in a coughing spasm a disastrous sight. My throat burned as my lungs quickly took in oxygen. My hands shook as I tried to crawl away. The figure grabbed me by my hair and threw me into another tree. I could feel the deep gash on my forehead as blood gushed down my face. I tried to scream for help, but I could hardly speak. A squeak left my mouth as I struggled to fight my attacker. The figure laughed a dark chuckle then told his friends to come join in the fun. Yes the attacker was a male. I just couldn't figure out who it was. I soon found out when he and his friends started taunting and beating me. "Jake! Hit her in the head! No Jake choke her again so she can't breathe. Make her beg for death".. These horrid people took sick pleasure in torturing the life out of me. I will never forget what Jake said that day," beg for death you disgusting parasite, I hope you die a horrible death and suffer until your very last breath."

END OF FLASHBACK

"I hate you! Don't touch me! Let me go NOW!!" I screamed and kicked as hard as I could. I could hear the deep intake of breath and feel as Jake's muscles hardened and clenched as if he was trying to restrain himself.

"Listen here "Little Mate," you will not disrespect me in my home and you will do as I say! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!!?!" Jake roared in my ear and held me tight to his chest. I began to shake from the all encompassing fear me and my wolf felt. Layla was lying down like a submissive in my head while I kept shaking my head back and forth and thrashing around in Jake's arms. I would not lie down and take this, not from HIM of all people! I would never allow him to degrade or control me again!

"That's it!" Jake growled out.

He grabbed my arm and threw me back on the bed. I struggled to get up but Jake held me down and got on top of me. I screamed out in frustration and raked my nails through his skin and wherever else I could hurt him. I fought with all I had, but he was just too strong.

Jake grabbed both my wrists and held them in one hand, while the other moved the hair away from my right shoulder. "What are you doing?!" I screamed out in frustration and fear.

I felt Jake lean close to my ear as he replied, "Doing what I should have done in the first place, making you mine". He growled in my ear in a lust filled voice.

I cringed away and tried to break free of his tight hold on me. Jake moved his lips onto my shoulder as I screamed out in anger. He began slowly kissing from the base of my neck to the center of my shoulder his lips roughly kissing every exposed piece of skin. I could feel his teeth elongating.

I cussed and thrashed around as hard as I could when I felt his long teeth puncture my skin and bite into my shoulder, marking me as his. I screamed out in pain and pleasure as he sucked my blood and injected his hormones into me. When he was finished he gently removed his teeth from my skin and licked my wound to close it up.

I lay there dejected and defeated. I couldn't believe he had just done that. How could he do such a thing without my permission?! I never wanted him to mark me..Ever!! How dare He?!!

"How could you do that to me?!!" I yelled in Jake's direction. He had no right to do something like that against my will.

"I had every right! You are my mate!" Jake's wolf growled back.

"How did you know what I was thinking?"

"We're mates now, we can both hear each other's thoughts and feel each other's emotions. This will make us bonded stronger and become more as one!"

"Oh My God! no! No! I don't want this. I don't want to be your mate!" I screamed and cried out, slamming my hands on Jake's body.

"Well you don't have a choice! You are my mate and what I say goes! You are MINE, now and forever! You better get used to it!" Jake yelled out in anger, his voice shaking the walls of his room.

"Until you learn to accept that, you are stuck in this room permanently!" Jake bellowed. I heard him storm out and slam the door behind him. I ran around blindly towards where I heard Jake leave just a moment ago, but the door was locked when I turned the handle.

"Ahhh!!!" I pounded and screamed at the door, letting out all of my frustrations until I was so physically exhausted that I slid down the door to lye limp on the floor.

I listened for any sounds or people outside, but all I heard was complete silence. Too tired to do anything else, I fell asleep with thoughts of Jake.

Can you believe this turn of events?

How can Jake treat his mate so harshly? Will Mavis continue to fight back or accept her fate?

Please remember to vote and comment on what you think so far.. Please don't leave any hateful comments.. It's just not nice:)