Chapter 12

Chapter theme credit to #princessalyyy

Recap: "Mavis! We are going to put you on a mild sedative for right now so we can do some scans and let you rest a bit more okay. You'll be right as rain soon enough okay."

All I keep thinking as the sedative kicks in is what happened while I was asleep?

..........

Recap: "My pack mates, besides some minor injuries, were all okay and safe. Jeremiah made his way over to me and mind linked me, "it's over Alpha, your uncle is dead, what now?"

"Now we seed out the remaining traitors."

MAVIS

I woke up looking around for Jake. As much as I might despise him right now I was confused and weak and needed answers.
Soon enough I hear the pitter patter of footsteps coming towards the room and decide to hide beneath the covers of the bed and fake unconsciousness.

As I peak out from under the  sheets I notice several shadows surrounding me. Their eyes, the only distinguishable feature among their shadowy silhouettes that I can pinpoint.. scare me beyond reason. Something in their eyes is cold and heartless. It chills to the bone to look and not run for my life.

At first I thought these shadows were the nurses, but that quickly changed once they started talking to each other. Four of "The Five" we're in the room and I was petrified not knowing what they wanted from me.

"Damn it. That man was supposed to kill her. Why isn't she dead yet?" A feminine voice I recognized as Casey whispered.

"Doc must have got to her in time and healed her. We can't afford to let her live a moment longer." Christopher replied shortly.

I heard them creep closer and watched as a pair of black shadowy hands came down to strangle me, but before they could finish the task footsteps were heard down the hall.

Britney yanked my hair and forced me to look her in the eyes. I assume she was sneering at me the way her eyes hardened like ice.

"I know you're awake blindy. Tell anyone we tried to kill you and your precious mate and pack will be slaughtered. Do I make myself clear?"

I shook my head yes as I choked on my tears.

She threw my head back and I watched as the shadows rushed out the door and away from the room. The footsteps from earlier approach my door and I hear the rapping of a knock and call out for them to enter.

"Luna. I am so glad you are awake and well. You had everyone worried sick." Jeremiah, the Beta and Second in Command states.

I frown in confusion over his statement about people, let alone the pack worrying about me.

"That obviously can't be true the packs despises me. I'm nobody, I'm nothing." I say solemnly.

Jeremiah's shadowy figure comes closer towards the bed and takes a seat next to me. "You are our Luna and the pack does care for you. So much has changed while you were asleep. You are not nothing, not nobody, you are everything for this pack and for Jake."

"Where is Jake?"

"He's on his way over from the nursery he just had some duties to attend to. He'll be excited to see you awake, he's waited months for you to wake, always by your side while you slept." Jeremiah chuckles aloud.

I hear the rushing of feet as the door slams open and the scent of my mate washes over the room. I scream out and yell for Jake to leave at once.

The doctor enters the room quickly with a few nurses and asks what's the matter. I explain how I cannot bare to see my mate at this moment in time.

"Mavis Please!." Jake begs as he tries to come closer.

Soon the doctor, nurses and Jeremiah grab Jake and pull him out of the room. I hear the doctor try to explain how I need rest and time to come to terms with everything.

Left alone I think about the threat Britney and the others from the Five gave me and how I can't tell Jake or anyone for fear of their safety.

Jeremiah reenters shortly after Jake is removed from the room and retakes his seat next to me. I assume Jake is having him keep an eye on me. However, I am thankful he's there, I feel safer with him to watch over me. Soon I've drifted off into a deep and troubled sleep.

JAKE
I wanted so badly to see my mate, but she hates me so much she won't even allow me to be in the same room as her.

I deserve all the rejection. I have done so much wrong by her no wonder she can't stand the sight of me. I'm so happy to hear she has partial sight now. It makes me so happy for her. When the doctor explained to me how she had gained some sight I was overjoyed.

I wish I could hug her, hold her hand, smell her scent, etc. I didn't know how much I had until I almost lost it and now I'll make sure to never let anything like this happen again. I promised that day I would be a better mate for her and I will, no matter how long it takes.

I love her already and I'll wait forever if that means I can be with her like true mates are supposed to be.

But first, to seed out any and all remaining traitors in the pack. I'm assigning a team to investigate this matter with Alec as head of the team. Hopefully they come up with something soon. I don't want my angel anywhere near this nor for her to be in any kind of danger again.

Thanks everyone for being so patient with me. I have had so much happening that my writing just ended up taking a back seat. But I'm back now and ready to write again and hopefully go about finishing this book eventually.

Feel free to comment and let me know what you think. I feel this book could go in a lot of different directions and I'm open to any ideas.