Chapter 8

Wake up call part 1

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! Hope you enjoy this chapter and that it helps you understand the last few chapters.

"What are you doing Mavis?"

Elder? Is that really her??

"Elder? Where am I? How are you here? Where did that man go?"

"My beautiful girl, you have been hallucinating from the poison in your system and I was able to reach you as you reached the edge."

"My girl I fear you have fallen into terrible danger.."

"What do you mean, what's going on?"

"Someone tried to kill you. "

"Then how am I still alive?"

"Your mate was able to find you in time after you were infected and got you medical attention, but by then, the damage had already been done."

"What do you mean damage???"

"Mavis you are in a coma and your wolf has been badly injured. I am not sure you will be able to wake up from this."

"Layla!! Layla are you there talk to me! (Layla Mavis's wolf) why isn't she answering me!!"

"As I told you before your wolf is baldy injured and in a sort of comatose state where she can't hear you and you won't be able to reach her."

"How is this possible! And why can't I wake up from this!!! Are you telling me I'm going to die is that it? Is there no hope at all!?"

"Only you can decide that.."

What does that even mean!
"I don't understand!.. Elder?Elder! Where are you!?"

Jake's POV:
What is wrong with me?! I marked my own mate against her will and I'm acting like a petulant child that doesn't get their way.

*You bet your ass you are, my wolf Ryder growled out.

I don't have to explain myself to you!

*Our mate hates us and it's all because you couldn't freaking control yourself all mighty alpha, the sarcasm was clearly evident.

She needed to be marked or other wolves would hurt her, is that what you want? I was seriously getting ticked off arguing with my wolf. He also had a part in it he wasn't guiltless.

*well you screwed that up, now you have hurt our mate she may never talk to us again, my wolf whined in a pain filled voice.

She may never talk to us again?! What have I done?!! How could I be so stupid and let my urges make me act like that to my innocent and weak mate!!

*You better fix this and fast I long... wait.. What is that smell?!

*Ryder what's going on?..

*mate... Danger!!

"Mavis!!!"

I ran as fast as I could to my room linking the pack warriors and my beta Jeremiah. I ran past the kitchen and up the stairs leaping towards the door and breaking it down with my body.

I ran in and saw the back of a man as he jumped out the broken window. I went to follow him when I saw Mavis on the floor unconscious with a syringe laying next to her.

I rushed to her side, "Mavis! Mavis, can you hear me?! Please baby wake up."

I felt for a pulse and when I found none I began to get panicked. I started CPR immediately and forced myself to focus on my mate who wasn't breathing.