Chapter 11

You Again

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated. I've decided to start the book back up and see where it goes. Hopefully you all enjoy what's to come in the next phases of this story. Please make sure to vote and only comment if you have something positive to say, meaning please don't bash the book!

Previously:

At least twenty rogues stood about a hundred feet away from where we were, one wolf in particular stood out.

"It's you!!..." I growled, prepared to pounce and rip out their throat.

~~~~~~~~~

Ryder POV:

How dare he show his face here, he knows the penalty should he dare to ever step foot on pack lands again!

Uncle Jasper was walking towards me as more and more rogues appeared out of the woods. The bastard had balls to dare step foot on my territory, to trespass.

Years ago Uncle Jasper was apart of Blood Moon. He was very influential in the pack and a great warrior. He was my father's beta and Dad trusted him explicitly.

When pack mates began showing up dead at the edge of the woods, dad began to become suspicious that there was a traitor among us. There was no sign or trace of a scent to indicate that someone had trespassed.

It could only mean that someone in the pack had betrayed us. We had a killer on our hands.

My father, the Alpha at the time, sought to put an end to the cruel killings and find the traitor. He entrusted Uncle Jasper the task of leading the investigation.

What we never could have expected was that Uncle Jasper would lead rogues onto our land and try to kill us all in our sleep.

Hungry for Power he challenged my father for position as Alpha, but ultimately failed. From that day on he was banished from the pack and told never to return on promise of death should he step foot in our territory.

"How dare you show your face here after what you did!" I roared as I shifted into my human form.

No one cared if we were naked, it was as natural as being a werewolf was to us. I looked him dead on in the eyes, as he attempted to step closer I let rip a ferocious growl. He stopped where he was and sent me a nasty smirk.

He looked like he barely aged since that day 6 years ago. His brown hair was short and blowing in the wind. His tall stature and strong build so familiar. But those black eyes, they were soulless, as dark as the pits of hell.

"Speak, and tell me what you want!"

He looked around at my pack, but his smile slowly turned into a frown. "I expected to see your little mate with you, what was her name.. Mavis, yes that was it."

"Don't you ever speak her name!" I yelled ready to move forward, but Jeremiah pulled me back and stopped me from ripping my uncle a new one.

"I expected her to be dead already, I sent someone to ensure it, but it seems he didn't succeed. My spies tell me she's still alive, that will have to be rectified.. I've come to kill your mate and take what rightfully belongs to me!!" He roared his eyes becoming completely black as he shifted into his wolf.

"Not a chance in hell!!"
I quickly shifted into my wolf and the battle began.

Wolves were tearing each other apart. Jeremiah was taking on two or three wolves at once while I rammed through them to get to Jasper. My uncle just stood at the top of the clearing looking proud while I made my approach.

I would kill him for bringing rogues into my territory, for hurting my pack, but most of all for hurting my precious mate.

When I was finally close enough I launched at him and tried to get at his jugular. He went for my leg and bit my paw while I tried to tare at his stomach. It was a bloody fight and I could feel my self slowly weakening, however, I kept at him until I finally had him on his back. "You may kill me, but there are others who will finish what I've began.." he said with a smirk on his battered face.

When I heard that, I made the final attack and quickly tore out his throat. When he was finally dead I roared into the clearing and the remaining rogues still left alive ran off into the woods.

My pack mates, besides some minor injuries, were all okay and safe. Jeremiah made his way over to me and mind linked me, "it's over Alpha, your uncle is dead, what now?"

"Now we seed out the remaining traitors."

Now what's in store? Will Jake figure out who the traitors are or will they strike before he's able to find them?
How will Mavis react to finally seeing Jake again?