I was close to Molly's when I saw Herrmann standing outside. "Everything ok Herrmann?" I was panting because I was out of breath "Yeah I'm just waiting on delivery before I head to the firehouse" I nodded "I'll see you there then" I turned around and headed home.

I opened the door and Jay was sitting on the sofa "Hey handsome" "Your back already" "Yep I even had a conversation with Herrmann" I took my phone out of the pocket in my leggings and placed it on the counter "Go get ready" I nodded and ran upstairs. I looked in my wardrobe and took out my old uniform. I put it on and ran back downstairs. I grabbed my boots and put them on "Is his bag ready?" "Full for 2 days because you never know what is going to happen" I laughed and nodded "Are you taking his pram?" "Probably just so I don't have to bend down" he nodded it's still in the car anyway" "Is he in the car seat?" "Yes, he is" I walked over to Jay and kissed his neck. "Let's go then" I walked over to pick Noah up "I'm taking him for once" I laughed and grabbed the diaper bag. I walked out to the car and not in. Jay got in and we started driving.

I opened my car door and grabbed the diaper bag "Take the pram just now" "Ok" I opened the trunk and got the pram out "I'll do it you go see Noah" I walked round to the side of the car and Noah was awake "Hey there little man" I smiled at him and looked at his small arms when Jay came around. I handed him the diaper bag and he clipped it on. I moved out the way so Jay could put the car seat on the pram. He clipped it on "You can push it" I shut the door and we walked up to the driveway. "Hey, Brett" "Look at him" "You saw him yesterday" I laughed and we continued to walk up. 
Kelly was sitting at the squad table with Dani and Capp. I saw Kelly looking over "No Kelly" I turned to Jay "Bodens?" he nodded "Take him out of the car seat if you want" "I'll just take the car seat off" "Yeah" "Where should I put it?" "I'm sure Connie won't mind if we put it in there just for the moment" "Ok." 
We walked into the room before Chief Boden's office. "Morning Connie" "Hart you are not due back at work" "I know but there's only so much sitting around I can do" "I understand that" "Can we leave the pram here while we go see Chief Boden" "Yes you can" "Thanks Connie" I walked over to Cheif Boden's office and knocked on the door.  He signalled us to come in so I opened the door and walked in. 
"Hart, Halstead how can help you two?" "Chief I would like to talk to you about coming back" "Have a seat and let me see your little man while we talk" I sat down and Jay took Noah out of his car seat and handed him to Boden. "I have never been the person to sit around and do nothing. Before Noah's birth, Jay had furlough stored up so he took it but he goes back in something like 2 weeks and I don't want to sit around in the house by myself every day" "I understand you Hart" "I was wondering if when Jay goes back to work I could also come back as a paramedic but when I need to feed Noah Gabby goes out and replaces me on ambo" "Have you talked to Gabby and Casey about this?" "No, I wanted to see what you would say first" "I would say I would love to have you back" "Thank you Chief" "Another thing I would need to ask you is what would happen if the whole firehouse was called out?" "I could always ask Connie" "I will say yes but you need to ask Casey, Gabby and Connie" "Thank you Chief and I was wondering if I could go on a few calls as ambo today?" "Of course you can as long as you aren't feeding or if it is a whole house call" "I agree to those" I smiled and got up "I will give you your son back Jay" I looked at Jay "I've got to go Hailey and Erin have just been shot and they need everyone in" "Jay go" I kissed him and he went running. "Thank you again, Chief" I picked up Noah's car seat and put it on the chair before Boden handed me, Noah. I put Noah back into his car seat and picked the car seat up. I walked out of his office and over to the pram.
I put Noah's car seat onto the pram and turned to Connie. "Connie, can I ask you something?" "Yes Hart" "So I want to come back to work when Jay goes back but I would still be feeding Noah myself. But if I wasn't feeding Noah and the whole house got called out would you look after him?" "Of course I would he will be what 2 weeks old then" "3 weeks" "I would love to look after him" I smiled "Thank you so much" I grabbed the pram and started walking through to the common room.