-37-

It was 8PM when we were back at caratland. From afar we could already hear the loud music. Jihoon walked as always behind me.

"I want to take a shower", he yawned as we arrived in the middle of the amusement park. The others were chatting or exchanging gifts. Chan saw me and greeted me with a bright smile plastered on his face.
"You guys are back!", he exclaimed happily, putting an arm around my shoulders.
"That enthusiasm", Jihoon rolled his eyes.
"You missed Minghao's birthday party. The cake was so yummy. I think there's still a piece left", Chan continued, ignoring Jihoon's comment.
"Where is he? We baught birthday gifts", I asked. Chan pointed to the main carousel. I thanked him and walked over there, followed by Jihoon.

What I didn't see was his smile immediately disappearing.

"Jun, stop that shit or I'll kick your ass up to the moon", I heard Minghao's voice from behind the carousel.
"I think I get you higher than that", Jun answered, also from behind. I looked to Jihoon, but he just shrugged his shoulders.
"Get your hands back, you weirdo!", Minghao complained.
"Be quieter. The others might hear us", Jun whispered. Both started giggling like little girls sharing secrets.
"Minghao?", I asked, both suddenly shutting there mouth. Then Jun murmured something I didn't understand. Minghao got up and looked at us shocked, as if he's trying to hide something.
"Oh, you're back?", he asked the obvious, slapping Junhui's arm so he also got up.
"Uhm, happy birthday. We baught gifts", I said and gave him mine and Jihoon's.
"Uh, thanks. Really, but it wasn't necessary", he thanked us.
"We go then. Putting our things back and such", I excused us, Jihoon nodding. The atmosphere was pretty awkward.
"Yeah, do that", Minghao replied. I nodded and we quickly walked away.

"What was that?", Jihoon whispered to me.
"How should I know? Honestly, I don't even want to know", I shook my head as if it erases all my memories from that moment.

We went to the hotel. On our way we saw Seungcheol and Jeonghan, talking to Hyungwon. Their conversation seemed pretty serious. When Seungcheol saw us he quickly greeted us, as if he gave the others a signal to stop talking.
"How was the city?", he asked us.
"Busy, loud and overwhelmingly nosy, but it was fun", Jihoon replied honest.
"Cool. We celebrated Minghao's birthday", Jeonghan said. We just nodded.
"We go to the hotel then", I uttered, pointing at the building. The three in front us nodded so we kept walking.

"Why is everyone so awkward?", I asked. Jihoon shrugged his shoulders. We were finally at the hotel in Jihoon's room.
"Something must have happened when we weren't here", he assumed. I agreed with nodding. It was quiet until someone suddenly burst into the room. It was Seungkwan, followed by Hansol.
"We need to tell you something", Hansol said, panting heavily just like Seungkwan, who also caught his breath.
"It's serious", Seungkwan added.

We sat down in a circle, waiting for Seungkwan or Hansol to explain us the situation.
"Okay, the thing is we wanted to tell you sooner, but this didn't happen because of a certain someone", Hansol started and glared at Seungkwan by the last sentence, making him sink his head.
"I just wanted to prevent some false rumors!", Seungkwan defended himself.
"That's not the point. The point is that we found out a way how you could see your world", Hansol grinned happily. I switched looks with Jihoon.
"So that means Soonyoung has a world", Jihoon murmured.
"Yeah. According to Seungcheol's brother everyone has a world. He said that even you need to have a world because the worst thing you ever did should be enough to see the portal and seeing the portal means you have a world too", Hansol explained.
"Since you only can see the portal when we are around, the worst thing is not obvious enough to enter your world. To make you see your world we need to be around too, so you can see the portal, but have a certain distance so your world should be the first you can enter", Seungkwan continued.
"There must be a downside", Jihoon shared his thought.
"Unfortunately, there is", Hansol said and looked at Seungkwan.
"Since it's not sure if your world is accessible, you can get lost. Lost in one of the many tunnels leading to our worlds. And once you're lost there, we can't get you out there, meaning you probably wouldn't find a way out", Seungkwan finished talking.
"In other words there are more risks than benefits", Jihoon concluded.
"Isn't there a save way to find out?", I asked, but Hansol and Seungkwan shrugged their shoulders.
"The only way is by trying it out", Hansol replied.
"We won't try it out. We don't even know what's going on in these tunnels", Jihoon shook his head.
"There is something in these tunnels?", I asked surprised.
"Honestly we don't know. Usually when going through the portal the way is so short that you just blink and you're already on the other side. Apparently there are tunnels. They are usually bright and according to Seungcheol's brother there is nothing in it. You just blindly walk around. But things can appear. Things like a bunny or a tree. As if it's the portal's storage or an unfinished world", Seungkwan explained.
"How do you know so much about it?", I questioned.
"Seungcheol's grandfather made a book of experiences. He wrote in everything he knew about the world. His family continued this book. That's why we know so much", Jihoon stated.
"Wait, how are the tunnels again?", I asked, picking up the topic from before.
"They are bright and there's nothing in it, but certain things can pop up", Hansol summed it up. For a moment I was shocked. My heart pounded fast. Do I really.. ?
"Guys, I think I-", I couldn't finish my sentence since another person bursted in. It was Seokmin, whose smile slowly faded.
"What's with that tension?", he asked confused. We all switched looks.
"What do you want?", Jihoon asked, not replying to Seokmin's question.
"We wanted to go to Mingyu's world and thought you want to come with us", Seokmin said.
"Yeah, we'll come. Wanna go to?", Hansol said, turning to me for the last sentence. I looked to Jihoon, as if a child was asking for his parent's permission. Jihoon rolled his eyes.
"I can't force you to stay, can I?", he sighed, climbing up his bed.
"So, you're coming too?", Seungkwan asked surprised as he got up. I nodded.
"Wow, that's so exciting!", Seokmin clapped in his hands. I also got up, peeking at Jihoon's direction, but he already played a game on his phone.
"Woah, Soonyoung goes to the other side!", Hansol said surprised.
"Come back safe", Jihoon bid goodbye, while lazingly waving his hand.
"Good night", I also bid goodbye and followed the others, who were already walking through the hallway.
"I'm serious, Soonyoung. If you feel weird pr something like that, you're coming back", Jihoon sat up. I stopped at the door and turned around.
"I'll be fine", I assured him.
"And if something is wrong like, I don't know, you think you're lost... No, that shouldn't happen. You should always stick around someone. Stick around Chan!", he worried.
"Calm down, Jihoon", I tried to calm him down.
"A-And if you feel like passing out give them a signal like jump on them or something obvious", he kept going.
"Jihoon, stop", I said in a serious manner. He then stopped and sighed.
"I'm just worried. What do we do when you pass out like that again?", he asked with puppy eyes, as if he wants me to stay. I sighed and approached him again.
"Me, Kwon Soonyoung, will promise that I'll return safe and healthy", I promised, while putting my hand on my left chest. His face formed that judging expression again.
"Don't promise things you can't", he said.
"You know what I mean. I'll come back and now stop or I can't fall asleep with that amount of high school drama", I giggled, loosening Jihoon's tension.
"Go", he coldly said and fell back on his bed.
"Suddenly so cold", I sulked.
"Go and have fun, baby tiger", he grinned.
"Okay, that's it", I got upset and went back and followed the others quickly.

I would go through the portal... again...