-21-

Wonwoo poV:

"You're time is due. Wake up, you idiot", the man in the phone reminded me. I stayed quiet, waiting for him to keep talking. "Won't you talk? Ha... Just make sure the package ends up by her", he said and hung up.
"Just do it yourself then, instead of insulting me, old man", I mumbled after I put my phone in my pocket.

I went into my room, where I opened the hidden door to another room. There were about 20 packages waiting to be given to the rightful honour. Most of them were pills. There were also syringes and powder. These will be my last packages I'll give out...

I took the package with the name 'Hong Inha' and put it inside a birthday bag. Luckily her package was small. I took my jacket and left the apartment with my package in my hands.

On my way out I saw the householder.
"Oh, Wonwoo! Going out again at that hour?", he asked smiling.
"Yeah, Birthday party", I lied, holding up the package.
"Ah, be careful outside. There are many crazy people out there", he reminded me.
"Yeah, of course", I faked a smile. He smiled a last time and kept going up the stairs. As soon as he was out of sight, my fake smile faded, turning into a cold glare.

It was all dark and the cold winter breeze blew into my face. Christmas was near so all the expensive decoration and lamps were hanging all over the city. I covered my face with my hoodie the hair still annoyingly blocking my sight.

I went to the park, which was about 30 minutes away from me. There I already saw her sitting on a bench with her expensive clothes and fixing her ugly make-up.
"Oh, hey precious!", she called me excited when she saw me. I approached her. "You brought a birthday present. As expected children are pretty creative", she grinned as she saw the package in my hands.
"The money first", I coldly said as I held up my hand.
"And impatient, too", she added, her smile fading. "1, 2, 3, 4 000. And a little extra since you're so cute", she counted loud and pinched my cheek at the end. I quickly pushed her hand away and pulled the money out of her hands as I gave her the package.
"You're pretty rude, do you know that?", she looked at me from head to toe.
"You're quite pretty for being a drug addict. Guess that's the reason why you're still single", I commented, still glaring at her.
"Ha! Let me say something, Wonwoo. Being an 18 year old in this dark market is tough itself. You're big mouth will only make you suffer in the future", she snapped.
"Let me tell you something, too. I never wanted to be in that situation nor did I had a choice. I never chose to have two gamblers as parents who ended up in prison, nor to have my brother been taken away by an orphanage, nor did I chose to have a drug addicted caretaker. So if you're not satisfied with my open-minded self, reconsider your life choices and don't let it out on me, aunt", I rudely responded, my glare not shaking once. She seemed dumbfounded, her pupils shaking heavily. I put the money in my pocket and turned around to walk off again.
"Hey! The future will be dark! Burn in hell, you pet of the devil!", she furiously screamed at the top of her lungs. And that pathetic witch is supposed to be the adult...

I angrily kicked an empty can around the streets. What does that woman actually thinks about herself? I wasn't the one who wanted to be adopted by that addicted wreck. Back then I really thought I had pulled the better card. But becoming a drug dealer because of your aunt, wasn't written on the contract. On that fake smile. Guess my brother pulled the better card. My brother... Maybe he also ended up in a household, which uses him as the pathetic pet. I just hoped he didn't. I hoped he didn't suffer the way I did. Does he also think about me? He shouldn't. As the older one I completely sucked. I was supposed to make him feel safe. What a loser I am...

Suddenly I felt a strong punch, thrown at me right from the front, making me clash onto the wall. I could feel the sharp pain slowly raising into my left cheek. Damnit.
"How often do I need to tell you that your time is due, huh? Did you thought I won't find you, huh?", the man asked in a scary manner. That man was my boss, Choi Seungwoo. "You really wanted to get beaten up, huh?", he got louder and kicked me in the stomach, making me crouch down the wall. I kept the screams inside because of the sudden pain inside me. "Won't you talk?", he shouted. I swallowed the pain and got up.
"I have your money. Now calm down", I grinded my teeth and pressed the money from my pocket into his hand.
"This is not even half of it!", he shouted annoyed.
"Oops, I guess I made a mistake with the calculation", I provoked him grinning. Yeah, a man like him should suffer the way I do. He pushed out a loud scream and threw another punch into my face, so that I fell down again. He started kicking over and over again. After a while he grabbed me by my collar, making me force to face him up close.
"Dare to do something like that again and I will break your neck. I'll see the money in 4 days", he grumbled nasty.
"If you break my neck, you won't see your money never ever again. In your case I would think again about, who leads this game, old man", I spat grinning. He breathed sharply and punched me one last time.
"We will see, who the winner of the game will be", he said and got up. "You'll see me in four days, Wonwoo", he reminded me one last time and finally left.

I laid back to the wall, letting out a sigh. The pain was numbing my face and my body. My breath was visibly fading in the air. I looked up to the sky, appreciating the bright full moon shining above me. How did my life get this messed up? No... Why did my life get this messed up? I stood up from the floor, brushing off the dirt. My body ached as hell. That's where I noticed that advertisement:

Become a great member of our work team in Caratland!
You will get:
+Full hotel pension
+Up to three meals a day
+Full usage of every funride we own
And all that for free!!!
Don't miss out on that chance

What was that again... Ah, an amusement park on an island, right? On an island... I had to grin.

I guess I have a new year resolution.