-11-

I woke up in my bed. Was that all a dream? I looked down and had still my clothes from yesterday on. So it wasn't a dream? I looked around and saw my coat on the chair. Maybe I fell asleep like that... I heard a sudden knocking on the room door. I stood up and opened it, revealing a small Jihoon, who seemed surprised that I opened the door so quickly.
"You're awake", he noticed and looked on the floor.
"Is something?", I asked still a little tired.
"Are you okay?", he asked.
"Uhm, yeah. Why shouldn't I?", I questioned.
"Because you straight on fell on the floor after we came back-", he paused, noticing that I forgot what happened last night. "Nothing", he cut off. "Whatever. Seems like you're doing fine so I just... go back to my room", he shrugged it off and went quickly back to his room as if he was running away from me. I observed him, while standing there perplexed. Then I shook my head and closed the door from my room again. So it wasn't a dream...

I couldn't work normally that day. I kept thinking about that world. Questions built up in my mind. How doesn't anyone else besides the people working here know about this? How did they find out about this? Why do the people keep quitting here? How do the other worlds look like? How can this exist after all? Why can't I see my world? Does it have to do with the worst thing I ever did in my life? What is the bad side of this world? What happened to Jihoon? Why was he so angry last night? Last night... Was it even night?
Chan and Jihoon noticed that too. Jihoon ignored it, but Chan kept asking what was wrong. I wasn't sure if I should tell him or not, but I thought for the beginning to shrug it off. And to be honest I still held a little grudge because of their gossiping last night. Jihoon was more annoyed by my unwariness since I wasn't focused on any tasks. Sometimes I even thought I could see worry in his eyes. I was definitely not myself that day and it seems that everyone noticed it. Even Jisoo asked me at lunch break why I wasn't smiling or talking at all. Minghao claimed I got infected by Jihoon. The others seemed pretty much to not care.

At the evening, when the customers either went back home or to the hotel, we went to eat out again. I only went with them because I was hungry.

We went to eat hotdogs this time. The others were chatting loudly and eating their food. I sat on the corner. In front of me sat Chan, Jihoon and Hansol. Seungkwan and Jeonghan sat next to me on my right. The others sat on another table.
"Oh my god, guys, guess who was back today!", Seungkwan suddenly exclaimed.
"I don't know, your mom?", Hansol asked sarcastically.
"That guy who always tells me that the horror ride isn't scary! He's so freaking annoying. I mean there's a reason why this ride is made for 10 year olds. Why does he, a mid forty year old, complain?!", Seungkwan complained.
"Maybe he's lonely and tries to talk with you?", Jeonghan laughed.
"The worst thing is that you need to be polite", Hansol shook his head.
They kept complaining about other customers, while I finished my hotdog. I kept quiet the whole time still thinking about that portal.

"Do you know what's wrong with Soonyoung?", I overheard Chan asking Jihoon, who shrugged his shoulders. "I feel like we did something bad, did we?", Chan whispered to him. Y'all gossiped behind my back and now act like everything is fine. And I thought only girls do that...
"Why am I even asking you? You wouldn't answer anyways, would you?", Chan said disappointed, his eyes switching back to me. I quickly looked away, avoiding eye contact.
"I go earlier today", I excused myself, took my things and just left. I could see the surprised look from the other table, but I didn't care.

I didn't go to the hotel. Instead I went to the storage. This world felt like a dream, but I'm also sure that it wasn't.

I lifted up the leather door and there was nothing. Just that grey wall from before. I tapped the wall, but the portal wasn't hidden or something like that. It was just a normal wall. It felt so real. But how can something like that be real? I sighed and wanted to leave, when suddenly the portal lit up. I jumped back at the sudden action. This time it was coloured in soft beige and orange. Again I was fascinated by it until I heard something from behind me.

"What the hell?", I heard Hansol's voice. I turned around to see Hansol and Seungkwan, who were as surprised as me.
"What are you doing here?", Seungkwan asked a little bit nervous.
"Nothing", I replied, looking back to the portal.
"Does he see it?", Hansol whispered to Seungkwan, who shut him up with a hit. We stood there, they looking at me and me staring at them. Neither did we know what to say as we stood there a little nervous.
"I'll go then", I said since they seemed awkward with the situation. They nervously nodded, so I left.

At the hotel I threw myself on the bed and thought about the day. Like a self reflection. I really want to know more about that world, but it seems like I can't activate it. Seems like the portal just appears if the others are around too, but why didn't it activate when Jihoon showed it to me back then? Something was messed up. But I didn't want to think about it anymore. It somehow ruined my day so I made myself ready for bed. I distracted myself with YouTube before finally falling asleep.