13 - Friends?

June 30th 2014
Two weeks, Three Days After

     She would have stayed away if only her legs would stop moving on their own accord. Damn it she had tried; distracting her body with fatigue and busying herself with club related business but nothing had worked. Exercise, binges, reading and movies; all had failed. In the end, Kris had found herself making an appointment to see a shrink. Not just any shrink, a specific one that wore the cutest little black frames and had the meanest mind-jitsu than any Shinobi from Naruto. She had to come.

After filling out her form and answering a shit load of questions on her application, she had paid her consultant’s fee and sat patiently as time slugged by. She had seen several patients ahead of Kris; obviously they all had appointments. It was okay; she was already here and four hours, nearly an entire crossword book and a pack of peanuts from the lobby vending machine later, she was finally next.

The little blond bubbly assistant/receptionist was not the type Kris had pegged to be Lilith’s costar. Their personalities were practically day and night; contrasting completely. Perhaps it was Lilith’s way of balancing things out in her world. Lilith’s world; it was really saying much that Kris had invited Lilith to hers’ but had never accepted Lilith’s invite. What an awesome friend she was. The thought made her slouch down in the chair but only had to shoot back up when blonde called her name.

“Ms. Hilton? Dr. Ashton will see you now.” She said with a sprinkle of sugar on top. How cute. Kris hated blonds and refused to acknowledge the why long enough to come up with a reason.

“Thanks.”

With nerves gone to shit and her well rehearsed speech all laid out in her head, Kris took one last breath and followed the assistant over the threshold of Lilith’s office. And there she was; the petite little Hitler that had reigned Holocaust on her life the moment she walked out of her office that night. God she loved her but her warmth was immediately annihilated the minute Lilith lifted her eyes to her. Same eyes from that night; nothing had changed then. Of course…

The door clicked close behind Kris and it took her way longer than she wanted for her once over active feet to get the message to move. Gingerly, without a word spoken between either of them, Kris made her way closer to the chair before Lilith’s desk.

When she finally sat, Lilith’s lips lifted in a smile that was meant for friendly show, but her eyes were still icy. She had hoped that the smile was misinterpreted but if there was anyone in the world that knew Lilith best, it was Kris.

“Good evening Ms. Hilton and thank you for considering me as your doctor. I trust Fey has gone over the contract thoroughly and you have signed.”

Yep…shit creek here I come.

“Uh…yes. Um, Lil-”

“Dr. Ashton thank you. Now, this is just an initial consultation to feel you out and understand a summarized version of what you may feel your issue is and what it exactly is. Understood?”

Each word was spoken to her as if she were a stranger and the formality was too unfamiliar for Kris to accept it.

“Lily I really need-”
“Ms. Hilton, what you really need is to address me with the same level of respect that I am offering you.”
“I’m sorry…”
Lilith waited as if expecting something and Kris knew what.
“I’m sorry…Dr. Ashton. Please hear me out-”

Lilith dropped her gaze as she adjusted her glasses and shuffled through Kris’ file. She snapped the paper stiff between her fingers and sighed.

“I see here that you have mentioned having issues sleeping? Insomnia? How long have you been having these issues and have you been medically diagnosed by your physician?” Lilith peeked up at Kris over her glasses’ rim.