30- Hate?

A/N: More than likely, if you do not follow me, you have just missed chapters 25-29 as they are private chapters due to some sexual language/content. So to read, please follow! If it is in your library prior to following, you will have to remove it then add again after following.

The woman who sat across from him in his private jet, was not the same woman he had woken up next to at all. Cold didn't quite describe the aura that surrounded Lilith; the word was not strong enough. He observed her stoic, nearly unblinking profile as she stared out at the sky and clouds that blurred by. She was lost in her thoughts and he couldn't get her to come out. Needing to understand it all and make sense of her reaction, Ivan reviewed all that had transpired leading up to their departure.

"My mother's dying..."

They were not the words that he had expected to hear so the shock hit him hard. Lilith's eyes had drained blank and her voice was emotionless. Perhaps it was the shock that made her so; this had always been her way of dealing with the worst.

"Krásny, I'm so sorr-" He didn't get to finish. Lilith lied back down on the bed and began to pull the covers over her.

"Lilith? What are you doing?" He asked; placing a hand over hers to stop her movement.

She looked up at him as if she was confused but more so on what she was doing rather than what he was asking. Ivan watched her frown grow and it baffled him to see that she was genuinely confused.

"I...I was going to lie down."

"But you can't do that now?" He said; helping her to sit back up.

"Why?"

"Lilith, baby, I think you're experiencing a bit of shock right now and that's totally understandable."

"I feel fine...I think..." Her eyes slid pass his and stared behind at the wall. She was zoning out.

What the hell was going on in her head? Ivan had to help her snap out of it.

"Baby, you aren't processing this matter the way you should, so all isn't well."

"I don't know what you mean and I don't know what I'm supposed to do." She whispered; her eyes saying just how lost she truly felt. Ivan squeezed her hand and told her to get up and go take a hot shower to clear head.

He turned and slid out on his side, grabbing his phone as he padded over to his suitcase quite naked. Serg's number rang after holding down one on his phone. Holding the mobile between his ear and shoulder he bent to collect a change of clothes and his pouch with all his commodities. When he turned back, she was still sitting up in bed with her eyes fixed on him. The way she looked at him was not with the strong pull of attraction that was always there, but of hopelessness and bewilderment. Ivan had to fix this, but first...

"Serg, where are you?" He asked slipping into Russian. Lilith was nearly a pro at picking up most of his Slovak tongue but she was still clueless to Russian.

"Getting ready to leave and head your way. What's wrong?" Serg asked; observant enough to tell that something had happened especially from the tone in Ivan's voice.

"I need you to call the pilot and make certain we are ready for take off to Beverly Hills in the next hour and half. Bring a few changes of clothingand my black card. I don't know how long we will be staying."

"I will do all of that and anything else that is necessary but you still haven't told me what's wrong Ivan. Is the doctor ok?"

"You would guess it was her wouldn't you?" Ivan asked as he went into the bathroom and turned the shower on. He tested the water until it was the right temperature.