"One of Roman's charity cases." My jaw immediately drops. Well, this isn't exactly the welcoming I'd been expecting. 

     "Izzy!" Mr. Berkshire shouts. There's that tick again. The younger dark haired girl looks between everyone with furrowed brows as if she is analyzing the situation. Without another word, the one that goes by Izzy turns on her heels and disappears to the room where the other girl retreated from. This leaves everyone speechless. 

     "Selene says dinner should be ready in about half an hour." Announces an older woman, retreating from the other room on the right. "Oh, Roman!" She squeals happily at the sight of the tattooed man. She scurries across the room to throw her arms around his neck. "Honey, what are you doing here?" 

     "Scarlette." He explains. He looks to the dark haired girl who looks to still be analyzing the situation. Scar. She must be the girl who called him here in the first place. 

     "Whatever the reason, i'm just glad you're here. Will you stay for dinner?" She asks taking his hands, which are twice the size of her own. 

     "Oh, I don't know, mom. I-" His eyes wander to me, as if only just remembering i'm still standing there. His mother follows his gaze to where I stand and immediately turns her full attention to me. 

     "Who is this?!" She squeals happily. "You haven't brought a girl over in forever! She must be special." Smiling, she takes my hands and gives them a gentle squeeze. "I'm so sorry for my son's manners. I'm Charlotte Berkshire, but you can just call me Charlotte." She shares the same dark brown hair and tan skin appearance as the two other girls. Though, her eyes were very similar to Roman's. They share the same warm brown shade. She grabs the older man by his shoulders. "And this is my husband, William Berkshire." She leans in close to whisper. "You can just call him Will." I laugh softly, embarrassed by the sudden attention and introductions. The man nods, but his expression is as cold as the first girl's.

     "Mom-" Roman attempts to interrupt, but his mother simply shushes him and returns to introductions. 

     "This is my youngest, Scarlette." The girl analyzing finally smiles and steps forward to shake my hand. 

     "Pleasure to meet you." She looks about my age. Maybe a little older. Her personality definitely differs from her sister's. I shake her hand, looking to Roman every now and then. His gaze is full of frustration and his body is tense. Who meets their boss's family? Especially when they are just an intern? This morning was awful, but this moment here has to be the most awkward situation i've ever been a part of. 

     "Where's Isabella? Have you met Isabella?" She asks me. 

     "Oh, she met Iz all right. They're gonna be the best of friends." Scarlette teases. 

     "Did she say something terrible? I'm so sorry, dear. She just has so much on her plate. She tends to lash out. I hope she didn't upset you." 

     "It's alright. I know i'm a bit of a surprise." I reply, looking between everyone. "I didn't mean to intrude on your family. I was just-"

     "You could never possibly intrude. You're Roman's girlfriend. Now you're family." She's smiling bright while I carry the expression of clear mortification. "What's your name again, sweetie?"

     "Her name is Sawyer Calloway. Ms. Calloway to me. She works for me, mom." Roman announces harshly. My cheeks flush in embarrassment. What was I expecting him to answer with? But did he have to be so harsh?

     "Oh." Charlotte's smile clearly falters. "Nonetheless, you two should stay for dinner. Selene is making spaghetti!" Again, she's smiling wildly and looking to her son with hopeful eyes. "Won't you stay?"