Eddie, My Love [Pt. 1]

Start from the beginning

Fill the silence.

Eddie nods as he wipes away his tears while Mike rests a comforting hand on his shoulder.

The two weeks went by like they were nothing, but the silence at night drove Eddie insane. But he was going home.

Home....

As Eddie was getting dressed waiting for Myra to come pick him up. He flinched to the knocking of the door frame. Of course his first thought was Myra but when he looked over he saw Richie standing in the frame with a welcoming smile.

"Uh Myra-"

"Oh she said...that I could pick you up since-"

"You're in town...for your tour"

"How-"

"Mike told me" Eddie smiles a bit before sitting down on the bed gripping his chest and sighing. "Can you grab my shoes...?"

Richie nods as he grabs Eddie's shoes from the bag that contained the items he had on his person during their final battle. Giving Richie a bit of PTSD before finally giving Eddie his shoes. Richie was about to just set them down when Eddie grabbed his arm.

"I can't bend over cuz of my chest. Can you hel-"

"I can help. I can" Richie says quickly ending with a smile before getting down on one knee helping.

Eddie watches as he felt his face burn up a bit making him rest his hand on his cheek thinking as he watched. Richie finished tying his shoes using the bed to help him straighten up. Eddie drawled his attention to Richie's face noticing the crack in his glasses. He frowns standing up reaching for his face before hesitantly retracting himself.

"I'm...ready"

"Okay..do we need to pick up anything on the way or before-"

"You're so dumb Rich. Yes" Eddie walked passed him as Richie stood there confused before realizing.

"Oh. You're medication"

"Yes Richie. Now let's..." Eddie stops half way in the hall taking a breath realizing he can't go as fast as he did before. For the time being that is.

"Take a breath Eds. Uhh...shit hold on" Richie set down Eddie's bag that Myra left him which included the things from that night. He went through it before finding his inhaler and handing it to him. "Seriously. We aren't in a hurry anywhere"

Eddie smiles a bit with some relief taking the inhaler from Richie's hand before using it. Richie zipped up his bag throwing it on his shoulder. He looks at Eddie lean against the wall for a while which gave him the idea.

"Hold onto me"

"What?"

"Hold onto me. For balance. And we'll take our time" Richie blushed a tad as he held his arm out for Eddie.

As Eddie took his time, Richie started laughing to himself. He looked up at his four eyes nerd confused.

"What's so fucking funny?"

"You want help shaving that excuse of a beard"

"Hey! I can grow a full beard fucktard"

"Mhmmm"

"I'd like to see you fucking try Rich"

Richie shrugs smiling. "Want to make a bet on that"

"No dumbass, just want to shave the fuzz off"

"Okay okay, we'll do that"

"I can do it myself. But...I'll need the assistance.." Eddie frowns as the two waited on the elevator to go to the garage. "So, did Myra offer the guest bedroom for you...or are you wasting money on a hotel"

"I was gonna ask you, since she's still kind of mad at me"

"If she was mad at you, why'd she let you pick me up?"

"Work"

"Fucking. wrecking ball works" Eddie says under his breath as Richie snickers to that comment which made Eddie full on laugh. "I'm sorry"

"You're sorry? That's funny don't apologize" Richie laughs as the elevator stops on their floor. "Come on"

"You didn't fucking rent a very sporty car now did you-....Your impala?" Eddie stops for a moment staring at Richie's car from high school. "How the fuck does it still work"

"You think I don't take care of my baby? Damn. Just damn" Richie laughs before opening the trunk to put Eddie's things in as Eddie looks inside seeing a few things from high school.

"You still have your dumb baseball jersey?"

"I said I take care of my car. Doesn't mean I didn't clean it. Well I did. Just not the trunk" Richie frowns picking up his jersey. "What a weird memory"

"Which part of it?"

"I made you wear my spare for the game"

"And you almost broke my arm when you won the game"

"You were fragile. Can't blame my energy"

"I can blame many things" Eddie scoffs rolling his eyes. "But yeah. Can't blame that" he smiles as he flinched from the loud noise of the trunk closing. "Fuck Richie. Warning next time"

"You're the one standing too close to the trunk. Now come on. It's a bit of a drive from here to your place" Richie states as he opens the door for Eddie.

"Who told you to be a gentleman." Eddie laughs as he got in. Richie blushes a tad rolling his eyes as he made sure he was completely in before closing the door.

As Richie got in the drivers seat he looked over making sure Eddie was alright before starting the car. Eddie looks at the cassette car radio as he notices Richie had a few of his old ones. He reached to turn on whatever was in but Richie stopped him.

"What?"

"Not that...tape"

"Richie. It can't be bad"

"It's not but-"

"Then shut up" Eddie presses play for the tape in the radio.

Eddie my love

I love you so...

Eddie stares at the radio blushing himself as Richie had already turned as red as a tomato.

"That's gay"

"WELL EXCUSE ME" Richie blushes even more as Eddie laughed to himself smiling bigger than ever.

"You're stupid Rich. Now let's hurry to the pharmacy"

"In such a rush like always"

Eddie rolls his eyes as he continued to listen to the song looking at Richie every now and then. He felt that strange pain in his chest but it wasn't caused by his injury.

Felt like something different.